[SOLVED] Read Bridge Devices

Hello Everyone,

I want to make Weather station with Arduino is the core, and the sensor run in ESP8266. I read the doc, Theres no example about Read Sensor in bridge, only write.

I have a few question :
-How to read Sensor value in ESP?
-If i use same dashboard, i dont need to make it bridge right?

I already try to push Sensor value in ESP to Arduino, and read virtual pin in arduino, but it seems not working.

In Arduino
BLYNK_WRITE(V6) { moistureStatus = param[0].asInt(); }

IN ESP
void sendMoisStatus() { bridge1.virtualWrite(V6, moistureStatus); }

Thank you By The Way

I would like to read from ESP the uptime (V5) by using bridge on Arduino UNO. what is the best way?

1 Like

Ups. I was wondering same thing. any progress?

@alonewolfx2 You can send value from one device to another. This would be same as read operation. Also you can use project with multi devices. In that case you don’t need to use bridge. So it is better to start from your use case.

i have one central unit for showing information on screen and 6 devices for collecting information. i would like to read data from sensors to central device

In that case multi devices should be enough for you - http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-main-operations-control-of-multiple-devices

but i am showing information on central (esp8266) device screen (ili9341)

@alonewolfx2 It sounds like you should have started your own topic with clear details and objectives… but as it sounds like bridging might be still be the best option let’s keep on going here.

Please clarify your needs and hardware… Cloud or Local Server? Is device running Blynk? If so, are you currently using multiple auth codes and projects, one for each, or all devices off one app, etc?

If all running Blynk with separate projects, have you tried to setup a bridge on each of the sensor devices that sends the data to the central device? That is the way it normally works - Bridge pushes the data from the sending hardware (like an App widget changing state) and the receiver hardware gets that data via a BLYNK_WRITE() command, just like as from an App widget.

right. i will create own topic with details