[Solved] NEW Arduino UNO WiFi board

Most of the off-the-shelf boards are really meant as development boards, thus too few or too many options depending on target market.

So unless you are literally out of your garage, when going to a commercialized product it might be better to roll your own circuit with the MCU, WiFi and any logic shifting integrated into a smaller customised layout.

Perhaps hire this guy to make it for you :wink:

Oh yes, absolutely. Weā€™re just not that far along yet. We are merely looking for a easy to replicate prototype to widen our field testing, which is why weā€™re still looking for off the shelf options.

Iā€™ve seen an Arduino Mega board with integrated ESP (attached to serial port) on one board. They are not very cheap (think 25 bucks), but they look like a nice board to develop stuff on. Itā€™s this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222305385421 thing

You can set the connections with jumpers. E.g. wether USB<> Serial is attached to Arduino or ESP or something else. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll receive this soon for testing. Looks likes a very nice all-in-one solution for developing. Only thing missing is an Ethernet port integrated :wink:

Check this oneā€¦

ATmega2560 R3 Mega WiFi ESP8266 (8 Mb de memoria), USB-TTL CH340G. Compatible para Arduino Mega, NodeMCU, WeMos ESP8266
http://s.aliexpress.com/j2eYj2qU
(from AliExpress Android)

Yeah, I found that too, but allas, I donā€™t have a CC, so I cannot buy at Ali :frowning:

Iā€™m using Blink on a wemos D1 mini with no problems. I would like to use Blynk on my Arduino Uno board with w51000 shield for Wifi connection, seems to a bit harder to do. Any help doing this would be great! Thanks!

@Lichtsignaal

That looks like a very interesting board. When you receive it, will you please report back and let us know how well itā€™s working with Blynk?

Thanks.

Good find, even cheaper! Have you used one, any idea how well it works with Blynk?

Iā€™ll definitely report back. Iā€™d like this for my main domotic system. I had all sorts of loose wires in there from ethernet and wifi and so on :smiley:

This saves a lot mess.

The DigiStump Oak can be utilized with the Arduino IDE. It has the WiFi you want and DigiStump has a Blynk library included with the Oak Arduino libraries.
The current level of the firmware has stabilized the WiFi connection and mine has been sending me Temp + Humidity data via Blynk for about 15 days since I last updated everything.
DigiStump has both 3.3v Relay shield and a level Shifter 3.3 to 5V shield to facillitate interfacing to 5 V devices. The Oak accepts 5 V in and provides Vin and 3.3V Vcc outputs.
DigiSTump Oak or cruise the Wiki or the forums: [Forums]

I have used virtual pins, read analog in, virtual LEDs for status etc in controlling a Hi Fi remotely via Android app. The Oak is 1/3 the size of the UNO but the shifter shield in a bit larger than the Oak.
Other shields are available.
Certainly meets many of your needs as a rapid functional prototype candidate. Fairly cheap too.

Cheers

So far itā€™s a nice board, but I already bricked it by f-king up the bootloader ā€¦ when it worked, it worked fine, but ESP as a shield had a high latency when connecting (450ms or so).

@Lichtsignaal presumably you can unbrick it?

I donā€™t know. It gives back ā€œInvalid signatureā€ when I try to load a new bootloader onto it (with another Mega2560 as ISP). Iā€™m trying to find out if I can load a Sketch onto it wthout the bootloader, so if you got any bright ideas ā€¦ Iā€™m at a loss at this moment.

@janky @bborncr @russilui @kagaya81 @dyoung @ffutsi @ironhalo

The Arduino Uno WiFi board is now confirmed as working With Blynk following a library hack as per post 40 of the following thread [Solved] Arduino.org Uno WiFi board with Firmware 1.0.0 and WiFiLink.h Librairies

1 Like

Itā€™s only works with the new firmware 1.0.0 and WiFiLink Librairies
Not Arduino-wifi-dev Librairies and firmware 0.82

@Emmanuel_Leroy do you have links for version 1.0.0 of the firmware and the procedure for the flashing?

@Costas.
the link of firmware is in my first post.

And i ve reedit for flashing procedure.

2 Likes

Thanks @Emmanuel_Leroy

Did you manage to make this work? Im stuck because I donā€™t get any output after flashing the sketch. Any ideas? Thanks.

@espagnol01

Please read through the last few posts above, and their relevant linksā€¦

Do not tack a ā€œme tooā€ issue onto another topic!

If you are still having issues after some studying, then please create your own ā€œNeed Help With My Projectā€ topic and supply DETAILS of what you have done and any errors, etc.

Thank you.