[SOLVED] Is Blynk server offline? What about firefighter guy?

Hi everybody. Unfortunately our host provider started servers maintenance without any notification for us. We are working and trying to fix the problem ASAP. Sorry for inconveniences.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :wink:

Please stop this, I’m almost wetting my pants :joy:

I can replace firefighter guy soon with my tears of laughing soon enough …

1 Like

For those of you who hadnt seen firefighter guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5l0-5oNOuQ

Now picture him staring at his phone, a burning house and a pool of his own tears (along with Lichtsignaal’s)

(dont worry, he had manual controls too)

If it’s something you’re considering, I can help you guys migrate to the AWS clouds. Might help remove the inept ISPs from the equation.

PS. I’m honestly offering, let me know and I can give you some background.

Blynk server login is not responding from Denmark ether. I tryed from several connections/isp’s. They must have server or network issues. Trace and ping to ther servers 64.233.167.108, 74.125.206.109 etc is responding, so im guessing that it’s a server/db issue. It seam that Blynk app is connecting on port tcp/993.

Is there really no maintenance / operational status site anywhere on Blynk??

Cheers,
Frank

Thank god, there’s no telling what kind of damage that thing could do to Smurf Village if it went haywire with the Blynk servers offline.

1 Like

Eeep. Yeah, I was supposed to show a mockup to a client this morning, not fun.

That’s why you should have a local Pi for that with a Wifi stick as accesspoint to connect your phone to. That way only a power outage can spoil the fun :slight_smile:

Cloud services are very cool and handy, until they fail :wink:

-edit

Or of course run the local server on your laptop, that works pretty neat to :slight_smile:

1 Like

can i use a Synology NAS for the server?

I think you can. I heard somewhere you can run Java on it, that should be all you need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally. Hindsight is 20/20, and it’s on my todo now. Luckily it’s wasn’t the only thing to talk about at the meeting.

You can run Java on your Synology, but you’ll probably break less stuff and have more fun if you treat yourself to a Raspberry Pi.

OK, sounds good, to eBay i go!

Amazon Prime will get you the same price as anything legit from eBay - the Pi’s are designed in the UK and manufactured by just a few other folks (Adafruit/Element14). Though you can get some sweet deals on Orange Pi and Banana Pi from AliExpress.

I think you guys should get an agreement with your hosting center that they have to notify you before each maintenance. It’s really not ok.

Do you have an ETA on when it is working again?

Cheers,
Frank

Hard to expect more than a few nines of uptime from a service that is, at this point, likely netting less than $1.25 per user, on average. And I’m sure the ISP has already heard from Blynk that this is really not OK.

We have it. And we didn’t get an email.

Do you have an ETA on when it is working again?

No. At the moment we are fully depend on host provider. They also don’t give us any estimates. I hope that in 1-2 hours they will fix issue.

But we have lots of social interaction now, so there is a good thing coming from this downtime :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

plus its costing me whatever the RaspPi ends up being AND will get my butt into gear to set up the local server… :wink: