[SOLVED] IOS blynk app failing

I have been using blynk with IOS app for > 6 months now, I use it with a mixture of node-red-contrib-blynk and node-red-contrib-blynk-websockets widgets, I have 3 pi’s each one has a separate blynk project, for the last 2 or 3 weeks its been very stable that’s until last night, now when I log into the ios app the leds and value widgets work briefly then stop working I can see in node-red the values are being sent to the blynk value widgets and for example I can see values 0 then 255 are being sent to my watch dog led on the app but they are not working in the app the buttons all work fine switching relays but again the buttons dont light up when they are sent value 255 its the same on all 3 projects, on node-red all the widgets etc say connected, the logs say the projects are connected without issue, mqtt and stuff all works without issue except the ios blynk app and I don’t believe I have done or changed anything to break it. I have restarted all 3 pi’s testing each one individually I get the same problem no matter which pi / project is running whether on its own or not.

When I am on any one of the ios project screens if I press the square box icon and get the triangle then press it I get the rotating loading icon then it says Reconnecting I briefly get the values and leds updated then it stops working again, my logon name is toshibass101@gmail.com could you please check your end to see if theres something wrong or give me a clue what the problem might be

Further to the above I noticed this on the sh screen when Reconnecting takes place any clue ?

andle request read event 61
handle request read event 61
Unhandled operation { type: 20,
typeString: ‘HARDWARE’,
msgId: 10054,
len: 2,
body: ‘pm’ }
msgId: 27584,
msgId: 12155,

Hello. We did new deployment this night so this could be a reason. I’m looking into it.

Where this comes from? Also which app version do you use? I have a feeling you have outdated app version.

andle request … I missed h when I pasted it … should say handle

read event 61 … I have a node-red – blynk-websockets in read node reading value sent from ios app value widget on v pin 61 it sends back value 61 every 5sec

The debug I pasted in comes from ssh window after I launch node-red…

RE app version, don’t know, were do I find that information, I do know each time I have been notified about a update I have downloaded it last one was in Feb sometime !

Final point as a test I deleted all my flows in node-red on one pi / with 1 project (I have backup hahah) and now I have 2 inject nodes 0 & 255 and 1 blynk-websockets out write node v pin 1 in the ios app I have a led on v pin 1 toggling between 0 & 255 in node-red does nothing in the ios app.

hi,

i m using blynk 1.8.2 ios and am not seeing that, has been solid for months

but, i am using local server, and have not updated that either lately…

has any change been made to the protocol @Dmitriy ?

not handling pin mode (pm) should not affect it, surely? (the log above just basically says it s ignoring /hardware/pm

@Toshi_Bass this

shows you are receiving read events from the server

We added 1 new command “HARDWARE_CONNECTED” that is sent to app when hardware goes online. But I don’t think this is a reason. Most likely the problem somewhere in @Toshi_Bass profile. But I wasn’t able to reproduce on local env.

Indeed empty pm command is never sended by server. So that’s why I suspect outdated app version as this bug was in old versions.

The problem also could be cause by bad-formed command from hardware.

I can see latest blynk app is 1.8.2 - 15 Feb from the app store, but how do I check what version I have installed ?

That’s good question =). At the moment there is no way to find out that. You can just check if google play propose you to update your app.

( IOS so app store ) so I must be on latest 1.8.2 version like I said whenever I have been notified I have updated the app. I don’t get the option to down load the blynk app from the app store just option to open it.

I was going to make a new rod-red instance with a new project to test my end of things but I cannot Create New Project in the blynk app I get … Can’t get token,try again later.

Do you have any advises on what I should do if you cannot recreate the issue your end ?

Oh found out how to check blynk app version on ios … on app store … updates … press big arrow Purchased … scroll down to blynk app … Version 1.8.2

have you still got that local server setup @Toshi_Bass
could you test on that as well to see if what doesn t work for you on blynk.cc works on local?

I think I found problem. @Toshi_Bass could you please post your code?

@tzapulica I didn’t finish local server setup I got as far as my last post https://github.com/tzapu/node-red-contrib-blynk-websockets/issues/1 I was just about to pick this up when I saw @Dmitriy post.

Hi @Dmitriy Happy you may have found something … “when you say post your code” guess you mean my node-red flow, however remember I have 3 pi’s running 3 separate projects and there all pretty big multiple flows could you narrow what you want down a bit, for example is the problem you may have found to do with node-red-contrib-blynk or node-red-contrib-blynk-websockets ? do you need just a sample of my flows ?

What would like to see what exactly you send to Blynk app so I can make sure my suggestion is correct. To be more specific - do you send some unicode characters or special symbols?

Ok In the app using node-red-contrib-blynk-websockets I only send 0 or 1 as text message to toggle a buttons in the app and 0 or 155 or 255 as a number message to leds on the app

Its the same in my other 2 project (on separate pi’s) but also sent number messages to value and a gauge widget however there are a few value widgets were I send a string containing a number and °c or % using following code:

msg.payload = (msg.payload+" °C");
node.status({text:msg.payload});
return msg;

and

msg.payload = (msg.payload+" %");
node.status({text:msg.payload});
return msg;

occasionally a number could be a minus number like -5 but that’s it nothing else is sent to the blynk app.

Ok. This is a bug I fixed recently. I will do new deployment soon so your issue will be fixes. Thank you for reporting.

OK I will look forward to that deployment thanks for your time to sort out this issue, not wanting to push you to far but is there any news when you will implement ssl on wss://127.0.0.1:8081/websocket ? :slightly_smiling:

I wanted to generate Free Certificates for Blynk with letsencrypt. But I was unlucky to do that. letsencrypt has few problems still so it may be not so simple. No estimations for now.

I’m having problems as well, iOS blynk app will open and refresh some data but then locks up. Pressing stop then play gives the rotating timer/circle thing.