[SOLVED] I can’t login with my android app

I can’t login with my android app, it say “authentication failed. please check your login and pass”
I deleted the account and create once again but always the same message.

What’s up?

local server or cloud server?

Did you accidentally switch to custom? If slid right, your app will try to connect to local server.

Try deleting and reinstalling App.

Seems you are on a local server. Had you seen this topic: Upcoming Android 2.18.0 update (IMPORTANT for local server owners)

blynk server

I’ve done it several times and it’s still the same.
I have a 4g router.
Will it have something to do?

I try to connect with blynk server, the fact is that the first time I did it worked but then I tried to connect through the 3g phone network and it stopped working.
then try again to open the application of my android and through the router as the first time and it did not work anymore.
I deleted the account, created it again, changed the pass, reinstalled the app, etc. but it still does not work.
my android app not login.

What did you mean by ‘deleted the account’? Also, could you make a logout, go to the login screen and press the custom server setup button above the login button and write what is set there?

the account that is created when open the app for the first time, the blynk user account.
I’m going to try this last thing you indicate.
just a moment…

So ‘deleted the account’ equals ‘made a logout’?

I already did both, I tried all the options

What both?

delete the accoun in the blynk page, create again, login with pc (linuxmint) in the community , logout, login,etc.

Have you tried to create a new account in the app? The community is not connected to the blynk servers.

ahhmmmm… ok.
I don’t understand the diference sorry.

but then I can not delete the account created with the android app?
Do I need another new email?

Maybe you could write PM to @Dmitriy and ask to remove the account. But why do you need that?

to try to start from the beginning again with the same email and thus be able to use the android app

are you using the same password with which you had registered in the android app? if not - you could reset it via the ‘reset password’ button on the login screen in the app.