[SOLVED] History lost

Hello,

I work on a local server (app is 2.17.1 and my local server 0.28.5), and from today I can’t display history of the V1 parameter, but it’s well refreshed on the label widget…
I’ve 5 history graph on the project displaying each 4 parameters, and all the others work.
I’ve rebooted the server, created a new history widget, deleted another history to decrease number of parameters load on the app, …but no change…

What could I do else? Is there a limitation to adjust on server.properties file?

The App doesn’t carry any load of history… that is all on your server.

Look into your server folder for history files… perhaps you deleted something by clearing a History Widget? Not sure how you would get it back though.

EDIT - In fact… Now that I am looking at mine in detail… I am not even sure how to identify which of these files is associated with which Project/Widget/vPin :thinking:

Have you tried to log out/in from the app?

An educated guess:

The path tells you the name of the user account (email):
/home/blynk/data/[youremail]/

Taking one of my files as an example:
history_1250341282_v6_minute.bin

1250341282 is an ID for the profiles dashboard. It could be manually changed thru the admin pages or by editing the file [youremail].Blynk.user in the root path of Blynk. Probably not something I would recommend doing just for the fun of it!

v6 is virtual pin number 6.

I’m still curious about how the .bin files are formatted thou :wink:

Please update your server to latest one.

Hello,

I’ve upgraded server 0.29.3 & app.
The history files v1 are present, and indicate being last wrote on 4 jan … but nothing is dosplayed on widget…strange.
If I look inside the files, I don’t understand anything…
I use a deice selector widget, and I don’t know which file is for which hardware.

If I delete them, the server will create new ones?

Hello,

I replied too quickly next the server upgrade. It has finally resolved the problem.
Thank you all!

2 Likes

I’m back…
Unfortunatly, it has reworked only a couple of hours after upgrade :frowning:

@Alx-I what time was it when you took the screenshot?

I don’t remember exactly but in the evening.
Why?

Sometimes Blynkers accidentally scroll left or right in the SuperChart area to a time when there was no data.

Ok but in this case the data is sent one time each hour.
I’ve tried to change the vPIN of this data and the auth token, but no more luck…

Hello,

It’s worst than before.
So, last time I uploaded new sketchs with new auth and new VPIN=31.
It didn’t change anything, T1 in blue=V31 is still missing.
A few hours later I did “erase data” via app, and rebooted the server. And a few hours more later I lost another data on the history (T2 in red).

These data are well updated on the label widget, so I’m sure the server receive them.
If I export the CSV files, the V31 is missing.

Is there a way to clean/initialize the DB of all data on the server? Perhaps it could resolve the issue…

@Alx-I do you see some errors in blynk.log file? What other widgets do you have on pin V31?

@Dmitriy Nothing, only usuals INFO and just a WARN for certificate…
The V31 is used on a labeled Value Widget (T EXT on the screenshot) and on the SuperChart widget (T1).
I use a device selector with 8 hardwares.
The project evolve from one year, and this parameter has always been used on an history graph, and later on the new superchart widget. It’s the first time I’ve such problem.
It occured next adding 2 superchart widget on the project… but it seems there is no limit about that…?
(I’ve a total of 5 superchart + 2 history graphs)

Of course, I tried to delete the 2 new supercharts to return to the last config, but no change…

Hello,
I notice that the v31 is displayed on history but only on the first device of the device selector.
And the T2 (in red) is in fact displayed on half of the devices…
So it seems in fact to be a bit more anarchic that I expected.

I have seen in another post that I could try to delete the history files… I try it now…

@Alx-I What is your graph settings? CSV files also have no data? If so - could issue be on your hardware?

The Vpin are in PUSH, and the datastreams like this (for now, because I’ve tried/deleted several config to debug) ->

The server has generated new history files.
I should have normally 6 datastreams v2-v3-v17-v18-v19-v31.
Here is the complete situation=>

I think these first files represent the first device of the project .
All datastreams are OK. I just wonder why v25 is also there (it’s a push bouton)??

Device “2?” (don’t know how to match the second part of the name ‘701292557-xxxxxx’ with my devices)
V31-V2 are missing! (v25 still there?)

Device “3?”
V31-V2 are missing!

Device “4?”
V31-V2 are missing!

Device “5?”
Just V31 missing! (v25 still there?)

Device “6?”
V31-V2 are missing! (v25 still there?)

(Devices “7-8” are shutdown power)

CCL: Only the first device has complete datastreams.
I stuck… What could I try more?

And it remains lot of space on the SD card…

As per the FAQ, all vPin data is stored… just not necessarily more than the latest state? Or only so much before it is overwritten… unless also recorded via a graph.

- Does Blynk server store sensor data when app goes offline?

Yes, every command that hardware sends to server is stored. You could use History Graph widget in order to view it.