BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

[SOLVED] ESP8266 - Control Device from Blynk and local Nextion HMI

I’m working in my project for an Aquarium Controller.
Blynks solved in a fantastic way all internet access to control my Aquarium (Lights, Pumps, Wave Makers, Dosing…), even if I’m not in home.
But, my project includes a Nextion HMI to control the same but in home.

The problem I found is that the widgets used in Blynk (sliders and buttons), does’t include a way to take the initial status from ESP8266, in order to avoid collisions with any change made locally in the nextion HMI.

Any body can give a Hint in how to solve this?

0 Likes

It is all in the code. You need to take and synchronize the data inputs and feedback to the controls via your written code.

For example, say you have a value of 128 (half intensity) coming from your Nextion for a PWM pin connected to an LED and you want the corresponding slider (set on V0 and a range of 0-255) in Blynk App to register that value. You use the Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, value):

http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-firmware-virtual-pins-control-blynkvirtualwritevpin-value

int LEDvalue = 128; // or however you get that value into your code
Blynk.virtualWrite(V0, LEDvalue);  // Set a Slider on V0 to the setting determined by LEDvalue

This is just a simple reference, your code may get a bit complex if you are mixing and matching from two different input sources and structure.

This concept is also the same as synchronizing a physical Button with a button Widget:

https://examples.blynk.cc/?board=ESP8266&shield=ESP8266%20WiFi&example=More%2FSync%2FSyncPhysicalButton

1 Like

Thanks Gunner, I already solved the syncronization following your hints.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hello Irossel can you post the code :grin:

0 Likes

@sony8943 FYI, this is a two year old topic. Please do not reopen old topics just to ask for handouts. Try Googling for some code ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

closed #6
0 Likes