[SOLVED] Blynk works universal? (Cross Global App/Hardware Connection)

Can Blynk will send data from hardware device operating in india to an app user of USA

Yes but ensure you use IP’s rather than FQDN’s due to geo-dns issues.

So same IP in hardware sketch as the IP in the app.

This is because Blynk uses fancy servers around the world for load balancing and to reduce response times. Problem is it means if you use Blynk-cloud.com the MCU in India will connect to a different server to app user in USA. Blynk have a fix for this but it needs more Blynkers to use the latest libraries before the fix is implemented.

Ergo use IP’s for now. Not sure which is more important, server close to MCU or server close to Smartphone. Perhaps you can enlighten use with your testing.

Hi thanks for your reply,
IP is the Auth key which you are referring to?
Shall I update my Blynk library and try it, you mean to say…

The problem also lies with the app,when I log-in from india with the same log-in credentials, these credentials are denying/not able to succesfull log-in

Not succesfull/Denyed registration in USA.

IP is not auth key. ping blynk-cloud.com in either India or USA and use the IP address as the server in your sketch and the app.

Yeah it’s sending the data,with the IP address instead of .com,but also i need to check whether the data is reflecting in the app of the user in USA.
Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

As long as the user in USA has moved the slider at the main login screen of the app and set the same IP as that used by the MCU in India then you should be fine.

Yes, you can. But you have to connect to same server - http://docs.blynk.cc/#troubleshooting-geo-dns-problem.

Another option would be to deploy own server.

Thank you Costas…so much, It works well,and the data too is showing in the app of the User in USA.

Thank you,Founder Blynk,Dmitriy, for your concern and clear instructions in the form of text,it helped us a lot… Good work from your team for this wonderful app.

1 Like

Thank you Costas…so much, It works well,and the data too is showing in the app of the User in USA.