[SOLVED] Blynk Flood Error

Hello,
After looking at several forum suggestions I am still receiving a flood error from Blynk, especially when I try to send and receive data at the same time. I have tried using the SimpleTimer library, but it hasn’t improved my sketch. Can anyone see what I am missing? Here is a simple version of my sketch, ideally I would like to send an receive multiple values.

////////////////////////////////
        SimpleTimer timer;
        void setup()
        {
          Serial.begin(9600);
          Blynk.begin(auth);
          timer.setInterval(1000L, sendUptime);
        }

// This function sends Arduino's up time every second to Virtual Pin (7).
        // In the app, Widget's reading frequency should be set to PUSH. This means
        // that you define how often to send data to Blynk App.
        void sendUptime()
        {
          // You can send any value at any time.
          // Please don't send more that 10 values per second.
         Blynk.virtualWrite(timePin, millis() / 1000);
        }

BLYNK_WRITE(V4)
        {
          BLYNK_LOG("Temp Min: %s", param.asStr());
          temp_min = param.asInt();

}

void loop()
        {
           timer.run(); // Initiates SimpleTimer
          Blynk.run();
          Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, temp_value);
        }

////////////////////////////////////////

The temp_value is calculated in a different part of the sketch, but even in just send and receiving one value I get a flood error. Please help!

Hi,

1. Format your code by editing your post. Select code it press </> button in the comment menu
  2. you are running Blynk.virtualWrite in the void loop() - that’s what causing FLOOD.
  3. you included SimpleTimer but you are not using it to push your data in intervals. Check the PushData example sketch and try to find out what’s wrong. :wink:

Thank you! Yes I was using SimpleTimer very wrong:)

7 posts were split to a new topic: Flood Error on Local Server

That suggests your local server has a problem. Which version, what hardware etc?