"SmartLED Controller" - ESP+FastLED+Blynk (Video)

Can you compile this sketch?

@ErfanDL LEDā€™s donā€™t really impress me unless they are Blackpool illuminations standard.

However I do remember installing the FastLED library a few weeks ago for some project.

I can compile anything with a few /'s and *'s :slight_smile:

Yes the big sketch compiled first time for my WeMos.

1 Like

Can you send me your libraryā€™s ? :sweat:

Find FastLED-3.1.3 and try that. All the others are standard libraries.

1 Like

Iā€™m testing but nothing :frowning:

@Jamin @Costas

how to fix this error in fastled ? pragma message "No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output"

Ignore that error, it is normal and to get expected.

1 Like

thanks. which define code is for nodemcu ?

#define FASTLED_ESP8266_RAW_PIN_ORDER
#define FASTLED_ESP8266_NODEMCU_PIN_ORDER
#define FASTLED_ESP8266_D1_PIN_ORDER

and how to set pin num ?

#define DATA_PIN 5

1 Like

These are not questions about the project. These are basic ā€œgetting started 101ā€ questions which you can learn about on the FastLED homepage and documentation.
Please make a decent effort yourself before asking these questions. Try, try and try again until it works.

2 Likes

Iā€™m successful compiling your github project by changing DATA_PIN 12 to DATA_PIN 2 in settings.h but LED not worked in Blynk

OK the problem is solved with 2 AMP power supply !!! :expressionless:

thanks

1 Like

It looks like the new version of the Blynk code no longer includes SimpleTimer.h ā€“ it is replaced with BlynkTimer.h.

I commented out the #include line for SimpleTimer.h (without replacing it), and the code seems to work. Does this seem right or will there be weird timing issues that will pop up over time?

Iā€™ll do an update to github now.

EDIT: Updatedā€¦ grab the latest code from the repo

SimpleTimer, renamed BlynkTimer, is fundamental to anything other than a very basic Blynk project so itā€™s now part of the Blynk library. It will run without Blynk, just as SimpleTimer did.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œSulooman, post:156, topic:7333ā€]
exit status 1
ā€˜varSpeedā€™ was not declared in this scope

issacsim:
Getting an error when trying to compile or upload ;

exit status 1
ā€˜varSpeedā€™ was not declared in this scope

Thanks!
Iā€™ve got the same error message, but learned from the previous case Iā€™ve checked the wifi_credentials.h and there is no such thin in that like ā€œ`cppā€.

What have I done wrong?[/quote]

@Sulooman Your question is not clearā€¦ where are you seeing ā€œcppā€ā€¦ That is usually only seen for in this forum when posting code, so as to allow better viewability. It is NOT part of a script.

Instead of saying ā€œgot same error msgā€ can you be more specificā€¦ particularly as the error message you seem to be comparing with is the result of not globally declaring a variableā€¦ an Arduino beginner issue.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Variables

EDIT - Ah, forget itā€¦ looks like you removed your post as I was replying :smiley:

Hi

Yes, Iā€™ve removed it because I found the solution. Besides, if you download the code, from https://github.com/jaminNZx/ESP8266-WS28xx-Blynk/
you can see a what code I have to copy to my own created ā€œwifi_credentials.hā€ file. In the source there is backticks before the codes.

And another yes, Iā€™m new in C++ and Arduino but Iā€™ve seen a comment in this thread where somebody has the same error while compileing the code into esp 8266 (in my case is a WeMos D1 mini btw) and that was the reason why Iā€™m asking.

Thanks the help anyway. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t see the backticks or cpp in the instructionsā€¦ @Jamin - are you aware of any of your ā€œsource
codeā€ that might have such a glitch?

Unfortunately we see all to many ā€œI have same error, issue, thing, etc.ā€ without any clarificationā€¦ and generally the issue is NOT always the same :wink:

Anyhow, you have solved your issue it seems, so weā€™ll leave it at that. Thanks for updating us.

Hey @Sulooman,

Thanks for trying my LED Controller project. Its really handy if you want to run multi zones and nodes of lights.

This project was designed on the WeMos D1 Mini so shouldnt be any problems there.

Be sure to follow the instructions perfectly and you wonā€™t have any problems.

You also do not have to use the wifi_credentials.h file. You can simply copy and paste template in to the top of your settings.h file.
The reason I use the wifi_credentials.h file inthe library is so that you can set it up once, then use it in all of your projects. Then you just change your password in the single location instead of in every single project.

The latest release is 100% working.

Hi @Jamin

Thisis a great project and I can start the learninf process with it.
Thx for the work and isntructions.

@Gunner

I meant that you can saw them in the file if you download it and open e.g. notepad++
But yes, Iā€™ve solved it somehow. :slight_smile:
Thank you for your help too

1 Like

I knew it was solid :+1: but apparently there was some ghost forum formatting visible somewhereā€¦ I still have no idea how or whereā€¦ but then I suddenly lost interest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: so this wabbit hunt is over>

Get back to work and finish all those real life things that are interfering with your quality Blynk timeā€¦ we miss ya!

1 Like