ESPproMon Smart Energy Meter App - what is it?

@Jamin big clue in the domain name.

1 Like

EDIT:: whoops just found one with TTL input :smiley:

1 Like

@Eugene is provisioning not available for iOS?

Any idea when it will be?

@Costas it is available on iOS.

1 Like

@Dmitriy a contact tried to provision on iOS from a project that provisioned OK on Android but it failed. He has sent some screenshots to me from iOS but I haven’t worked out what the problem is yet.

@Dmitriy would having Blnyk.notify() in the project be a reason for it to fail to provision with iOS?

I think this is the only widget I have in Android that’s not available in iOS but I will check this.

Is the provisioning clever enough to know if there are incompatible widgets being used?

I think this is not related.

1 Like

@Dmitriy you were right the issue was simply that the Blynkers needed to use the same name in My Apps for iOS as the Access Point name we had selected for the ESP. All fine now, screenshots below.

Short video of the Smart Meter app in operation.

4 Likes

Hi! Very great project!

which sensors do you use to measure energy consumption?

1 Like

@joepesce thanks, it’s an “off the shelf PCB” that hooks up to our PCB. Our PCB has the WeMos Mini and RF transmitter etc.

do you have any experience with commercial sensor to measure energy consumption? like HLW8012 chip

We pulled the datasheet about 6 or 9 months ago because it’s a popular chip with some of the major players in the field. We don’t personally have any direct experience with using the chip though.

I did the same project some months ago with the same “off the shelf PCB” connected to a Nodemcu. It works so well that I been able to sell some units here in my country.

So people actually pay money for these, now that is smart :–)

Ja ja ja. Yes it’s a niche product, not for everybody. But from time to time I found a smart guy that wants to pay for a smart product developed by a smart engineer…believe or not.

However i sell them the PCB, the current sensor, the App, the full Combo.

1 Like

We made a similar MOD about three year before, with arduino uno + ethernet shield + CT smart meter module. The data is uploded to http://kwh.lewei50.com/u/g/1117 . Also there is a scheduled push daily / weekly / monthly message to weibo (similar to twitter ) . Base on statistic, we made a huge saving in the home with scheduled turn on / off hot water / TV set top.The effort was stopped one year before, due to we are looking for a better IOT platform.
The new progress is, new ESP8266 + CT smart meter (RS485 comm) back to online test on Blynk. The progress will post on twitter johnzhou118 for update and QR code sharing.
The smart meter is a module with open CT sensor, the latest general is RAIL mount with WiFi module integrated from a local supplier.

1 Like

The REAL purpose is, use what you need but no waste…

@lsobrino I notice you used a kettle in your video too :slight_smile:

Yes. Pure coincidence. I wanted to show a high consumption in current that 's why i use a kettle.