Slider Widget keeps resetting to 0 on Android only

only option is gmail and that just sits on waiting for sync for ever ???

Do you have a Gmail account?? If not then you may have to chose another option, perhaps Dropbox or something and manually locate and email the file to Blynkā€¦ if so, I will let them indicate which email address to use. @BlynkAndroidDev

I cant even seem to get a log file @Gunner the log file just says something about add it to the question on blynk.cc when I just try and email it - can you copy and paste it straight into a blynk reply. ?

Please add your device info and link to the question on community.blynk.cc if it exists

This is all i get as a log???

So you donā€™t have a email app on your phone? If you do, then that app should show up in the previously mentioned options, and when chosen, there should be an attachment in the email.

If however the attachment is too large for email (e.g. Gmail wouldnā€™t allow over 20-25MB), then that is where it gets trickyā€¦ I used my dropbox account to share a log attachment in the pastā€¦ but that is a whole 'nother process.

As for the actual log fileā€¦ it might be in your phones download folder?? it should look like this with current date: blynk_2017_04_17.log

Hi @Gunner its an android tablet I am using and there is an email account setup on it now so will try againā€¦

Watch this space

Cheers

kev

now the bloody link to the logs has vanished again!!! why ???

Cheers

kev

Did you auto update blynk t latest version in play Store? I got an update today

I have 2.13.3 and 0.4.7 and still problem here. Keep testing and the problem should return unless you have changed your sketch.

the weird thing is @Costas the sketch i uploaded of just one loop does not now have the issue since i updated to the logging version of blynk, however the original full code with all the voids commented out except the AC_detect loop ie the 200ms one does still have the issue!!! It has got me tearing my hear out here!!!

I just so pleased you could actually reproduce it as I though I was going insane!!!

If you can reproduce it with the cut down simple sketch is there anyway you can send the logs ???

Cheers

kev

@newdos post your sketch that now works but compare it against the basic sketch you posted that doesnā€™t work.

I am using your basic sketch with a minor mod to send uptime rather than pin 3 data, at 200ms, and the slider still fails.

Havenā€™t tried the logging build yet and there is a small chance there is a fix in there but based on the version number I suspect not.

Hi @Costas its EXACTLY the same sketch as above I posted that now works since I loaded the logging version??? (however I did notice I had omitted in the sketch above the line ā€˜#include <BlynkSimpleEthernet.h>ā€™ which I guess you must have spotted)

Cheers

kev

I imagine that the logging version has some speed deficit in order to maintain the logging aspectā€¦ perhaps that small lag is enough to ā€œcompensateā€ for whatever is causing the slider issue.

Did you ever find the log file on your phone?

@newdos try this sketch on a WeMos / ESP:

// SliderCheck.ino (project name PiWv2.13.3 and 0.4.7)

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial    // Comment this out to disable prints and save space
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>
#include<SimpleTimer.h>
SimpleTimer timer;
float feedback1;            // AC feedback1 variable
int SetPoint1;            // Temp setting for room monitored by DHT22
//int AC_Sens1_pin = 3;     // Relay 1 ac sens pin

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(115200);
  Blynk.begin("xxx", "xxx", "xxx");

//Lets sync up all the store states for the V pins and load the appropriate variables listed below
  Blynk.syncVirtual(V29);            // SetPoint1
  timer.setInterval(200, AC_detect); // Check if the room is occupied via PIR sensor
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}

void AC_detect()
{
  //feedback1 = digitalRead(AC_Sens1_pin);
  feedback1 = millis() / 1000.0;
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V2, feedback1); // update SWITCH widget state from AC input only if it has changed
}

BLYNK_WRITE(V29)  // Input from slider in app to set SetPoint1
{
  SetPoint1 = param.asInt();
  //Serial.println(SetPoint1);
}

@BlynkAndroidDev I can confirm the ā€œbugā€ is still in the logging build.

I thought the logs were sent with a long press on the project title bar but nothing is coming up?

The send log option should be in the About screen.

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev sent you the log.

Thanks, Iā€™ve received it. On what pin is you slider setuped?

mine is on pin V29

assume now the logs are sorted there is no need to do this now @Costas (especially as I am all set up on arduino at the moment)?

Cheers

kev