Slider Widget keeps resetting to 0 on Android only

@Dmitriy “feature” confirmed with library versions 0.4.6 and 0.4.7 i.e you can’t slide the slider if the slider function contains a virtualWrite.

@newdos good work digging out the feature. You asked in an earlier post how you could fix the issue.

'1. I actually never slide the slider. Might be partly due to the early days when sliding was a definite no, no but also I prefer to “dab” the slider where I think I want to set it at.

or

'2. Set a flag in the slider and then check for the flag outside of the slider function.

@Costas Slider on V29 jumps when you do virtualWrite(V2)? Did I correctly understand?

Yes it jumps to zero @Dmitriy if you move the slider as it is busy trying to do the virtualWrite to V2

Guys could you reproduce this issue with this logging build:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpxmo9si2hov9ab/blynk_2.13.3_log.apk?dl=0

And send me generated log?

To send log - open about screen from projects list screen, select ‘send log’ option.

Cheers @Costas glad we managed to isolate the issue and you are correct iif you dab the slider it works ok.

Am I right in assuming the bit @BlynkAndroidDev what reproducing is done by you guys ???

Cheers

kev

This issue is not reproducing on our side, so maybe we still not got smth of it. If it is possible, you could install that logging build and send us logs - so we could check what device is receiving and debug this issue more deeply.

ok no probs can you talk me through how I do this ??

Cheers

Kev

^^^

but do i need to install some code first or just what I was using anyway - what is thst dropbox file further up ???

Cheers

kev

unless i’m looking in he wrong place my about screen doesnt have a send log ???

just checked my ios device and that has send logs my android device doesnt ???

Any ideas i’m using version 2.12.5

Cheers

Kev

Newdos, its an installation file for a version of Blynk which has a broader logging ability.
You download it on your android and install it. You might need to allow “installations from unknown sources” first.

Then you follow the instructions. So start by downloading the apk from the dropbox link, on your android device and install it.

That is the special logging version of Blynk that contains the ability to send the requested logs. Download it, install it (you may need to uninstall your current Blynk App first,if problems installing logging version.

Run it and do whatever you do to get the slider to do whatever it does, then send the log files.

DOH, the fett beat me to it :wink:

thanks chaps will give it a go…

Fett 1, Gunner 0

:smiling_imp:

ok installed and guess what it has stopped doing it now WTF!!!

only difference is I lost my project as had to uninstall an re-install and it is version 2.13.3 as opposed to 2.12.5

so I created a new project just with one slider - very weird?

Anyone any ideas

@newdos All your projects are saved on the server, not the app, so nothing should have been lost.

Double check your login info.

PS version 2.13.3 is the latest version for Blynk Android App, at time of this post.

@Gunner,

Perhaps something else I may of found then lol!!! I logged back into my android using facebook and they weren’t there. Logged out and back in manually and low and behold it has reappeared???

Cheers

kev

so how do I send the log files when the button is clicked a load of icons come up on android asking how to send it ???

@Gunner

Cheers

kev

It should give you many options… but email would probably be best. The address will (should) already be referenced.