Sharing an App on Blynk IoT 2.0

I have a home thermostat running off an ESP8266. I have been sharing my Blynk app with my wife on the old legacy environment. I have migrated the application to the new environment and I want to share the app with my wife again so we both can control the thermostat.

How do I share an app in the new environment? I have searched the forums and all I find is old legacy answers.

Regards,

Roger

You invite her as a user, but when you do that ensure that you don’t give her the role of “user” otherwise she won’t be able to do anything.

Pete.

Thank you Pete. Is this documented somewhere? The reason I ask is because I want to limit taking up your time. You see my next question is how do we get the app on her phone? If I invite her as a user will she then be instructed to download the new blynk iot? Thanks again.

Regards,

Roger

There’s some stuff in the documentation, but I don’t think it goes into that much detail.
Why don’t you just send her the invitation and see what it says in the email?

Pete.

OK,

Just want to let you know I tried to do my diligence in searching and couldn’t find anything.

We will give it a try and let you know.

Regards,

Roger

OK she shows up as an active user in the user list but there are no devices assigned to her. How do I share a device with her?

Regards,

Roger

What role did you give her?

Pete.

User like you instructed me above but I think by looking at the permissions I should edit her role and make her staff. What do you think?

Regards,

Roger

No, what I said was…

Pete.

OK I have the plus account so I cannot edit permissions specific to each role but I can make her staff which gives her the permissions to view organizational devices. I think that is what I should do, do you agree?

Regards,

Roger

OK I made her role staff and the device showed up. She now can make changes. Thanks again.

Regards,

Roger

In summary:

I sent her an invite.
She received an email with a link to set up an account. She did that.
She then installed the Blynk IoT app on her phone.
She couldn’t see the devices under the organization; so I changed her role to staff.
Went back to her phone and the devices showed up and she can control them.

In retrospect, I should have invited her with the initial role of staff.

Regards,

Roger

1 Like