Setup PI ZERO W as ultra portable server and AP (tutorial) updated to 2022 :)

Hey Guys,
I didn’t read the whole topic. Are you still struggeling with something?

I made a local Blynk server for my Zero W connected via UMTS to the internet and to my domain. Although my Zero is working as an wlan hotspot for my mobile and the esp8266-boards.
To update the server, or to get Internet to the Raspberry i can plug in another Wifi dongle and use the wlan1 configuration and the two wlans.

At the moment I am working at the CPU-load monitor of the pi (already added the shutdown, reboot and temp function)

This is a Tutorial, not a help needed topic. But if you have a project of your own to report, please open a new topic and share it with us :smiley:

1 Like

hi,
I am trying to do the same on a raspberry pi 3 with the internal wifi.
should be roughly the same but I can’t get it to work (I’m not a complete novice)
Anyway, do you think it could be possible for you to upload an image of the sd card where everything works? so that anyone else only has to burn the image on a pi zero and they are done! :slight_smile:

thanks a lot.

i would, but unfortunatley i’m not sure if i still have that sd card… i didn’t used the pi for a long time, and i’m afraid that the sd card was used for other tasks. however, i will check it out in some hours just to be sure.

sorry man, just checked that sd card, but i no longer have the content of it. it is used in a different project.

Here’s mine. :grinning:

1 Like

Can we have the .img file for it?

I wouldn’t recommend that… it will contain all your passwords and personalised settings for your RPi.

I suspect this user will be much better off learning and installing it like everyone else.

1 Like

You killjoy.

An .img is an excellent fix for another fairly difficult set up.

You are correct :slight_smile: … can you send me an image of your PC’s HDD… mine crashed a few days ago and it has been a slow pain to reload everything :stuck_out_tongue:

It took me about 1/2 hour to realise that I couldn’t upload with OTA because I forgot to install Python with Path enabled :blush:

I knew I should have posted a big red topic with lots of “help mees” here… I would have saved minutes of my time :stuck_out_tongue:

But the Pi’s are identical, my PC is different to yours so my HDD image is useless to you.

I have .img files of my Pi’s all over the internet but they are not Blynk related.

It’s something I have been meaning to do for some time but it’s now well down on my list of priorities.

With a bit of care it’s an excellent fix.

Was kidding of course, about the PC… but you would be surprised at how adaptable newer Plug-n-Play OS’s can be, of course registration is another thing :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the RPi image… yes, if one took the time to make a vanilla one without any personalised info, then perhaps it could work. But it would not remain very up to date for long, and personalising and updating it without any prior knowledge well… queue the “Help Mees” :smiley:

You mean that with zero pi W? Do you use another server like plex, mqtt? or just Blynk server?

Just this. When I go for a drive, without 4G, I use GPS, mighty WeMos and Pi Zero W with Blynk server.

1 Like

aside from mobile hotspot? or kind of adafruit GPS’es

I have pi zero w serves as blynk server and HAP-NodeJS

The GPS device is hooked up to the mighty WeMos and it plots my movement via Blynk Map on my phone via the standalone local Blynk server.

now I got it:smiley:

Just the Pi Zero W and Blynk Server …

Do you use lite version? What is the size of your .img file?

and also why you are using HDD with pi w?