not resetting but they do occasionally loose connection and yes I do sync all relevant pins, but to no avail. Just now I’m looking at a Vpin that is ‘on’ while the relay is ‘off’. And if I manually lower the target temp (turning it ‘off’) and raising it again (‘on’) the relay goes on. I’m really at a loss as to why…
I’ve actually added an extra check in the thermostat to ‘force’ the setting every 15 minutes and checking the log it neatly shows 8 attempts (so 2 hours long) of updating the vpin of the relay. This started on 19:59 looking at the relay log, the last ‘reconnection’ attempt was (successfully) at 17:19 and has been online since…
edit: and yes I’m still convinced that there is some bug in blynk which is why I set it to ‘issues and errors’. If stuff stops working ‘after a while’ or is unreliable and sometimes works and sometimes not, it has to be something deeper then the code overlay that I write. Granted this might well be a mixture of the two (bug in my code and bug in blynk) as it covers multiple issues.
her another one also related. I’ve updated some logs for the relays to get more input and the log shows:
There is only one line in the code which has that log statement and that is this part of the code:
digitalWrite(HEATER_RLY_PIN_PUMP, LOW); // activate = LOW, deactivate = HIGH
resetMaintenanceTimerPump(); // reset maint. timer for pump as its now running.
the pump relay state however remains HIGH. While the Valve relays does go LOW. There are other pump operators in the code but they all report to the log, so if some other routine would sneakily turn it off immediately it would show up in the log. Note that this happens ‘sometimes’, usually when there is no user interaction, if I start playing with the temp (raising /lowering) it will set properly (with the same message). This makes it really really unreliable…