Send data from a weight sensor

I am doing a project called “smart pill box”. It regularly calculates the weight of pills in the medicine box using a piezo weight sensor. Now i need to send this data to blynk cloud.How can i do it/It would be a huge help if you can clarify this doubt.Thanks in advance

Your weight sensor will connect to a Microprocessor Unit (MPU) that has internet connectivity. You’ll run code on the MPU which takes a weight reading from the sensor and pushes it to the Blynk cloud server over the internet.
You Blynk app will connect to the Blynk cloud server and display the sensor data.

If you have Wi-Fi available at the place where the pills need to be weighed then the easiest solution will probably be to use an MCU that has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, such as a Wemos D1 Mini.
If you only have wired Ethernet available then you could use an MCU with an Ethernet shield, but in that situation i’d Be tempted to set up a small Wi-Fi access point to allow you to use a Wemos.
If there’s no internet connectivity available then you’ll have to resort to using 3/4G instead, which could prove more difficult, and potentially quite expensive.

A great deal depends on the exact specification of the Piezo sensor that you choose to use. If the device can give a digital output at 3.3v logic levels then your life will be much easier. If it gives an analogue output instead than a little more work and external circuitry may be needed, but it should be fairly straightforward. Some strain gauge type weight sensors require amplifier circuitry to work with an MCU, but I don’t know if that’s the case with piezo sensors.

Does this answer your question? If not, can you be more specific about your question, and about the piezo hardware and operating environment that you’ll be deploying this system into.

Pete.

2 Likes

Thankyou. But, I need to know the exact steps to connect my piezo sensor with the blynk cloud.

As I’ve already told you that those steps will depend on the make and model of sensor that you’re using, whether you have Wi-Fi available at the place where the pill box will be weighed and whether you are tied to using a particular type of MCU.

It seems that you’re hoping someone will step forward and say “here’s one I made earlier” that you can copy exactly?

Pete.

Programming is much like food recipes… perfect step by step instructions… until you realise you have different ingredients, different kitchen layout, wrong measuring cups… and have food allergies to some of the essential ingredients…

In other words, you take the basic information supplied, study, learn and make it fit your needs… this ain’t no code bakery :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I want cake… :yum:

PS you don’t need to create multiple accounts, only to ask for code in each… I have removed to old unused account.