Scrolling Blynk

Hello.
Thank you for the project.
I’ve moved from tabs to single screen and foubd difficulty with scrolling. Most of widgets implements tap of scrolling start as tap on widget.
Please see screencast.
So I can use it but should take care where to start scrolling.

1 Like

You need to add random display widgets or any widget that doesn’t have an interaction with the server.

Alternatively leave some blank space down one side of the GUI.

Which version of the app is that?

2.18.2 on Android 7

It works with any empty part of the screen.

It works OK or it doesn’t work?

Can you put into words what the video is supposed to be demonstrating.

You can not scroll app as you expected. Some areas (really many areas) doesn’t scroll display.

Scrolling doesn’t work or you are accidentally pushing buttons / moving sliders etc?

Please review attached video. It has tapping tracking enabled.

0:17 you can view several gestures trying to move display down from graph widget with no luck.

I have, several times.

What happens if you don’t scroll through widgets i.e. using blank spaces or display widgets?

Yes, I had the same feeling… the weird think is, it happens sometimes, but mostly it is ok.

Latest available for Android (6.0.1) : 2.18.2

Some areas (as empty spaces or sliders) works as expected. No problem I can use them.
You can review difference between Whatsapp and Blynk (touches enabled). Both have active areas. Whatsapp can handle scrolling and touches separately. Blynk can not.

Has Whatsapp brought out a GUI for iOT?

Your problem seems to relate to poor positioning of widgets. You will never be able to swipe over a button as the button function is more important than the swiping function.

We’ve been working on such conflicts. @BlynkAndroidDev - can you take a look?

Come on, @Costas. not you! Scrolling is a scrolling, tapping is a tapping… How could we scroll through crowded webages then?!

There is no release newer than 2.18.2 on @BlynkAndroidDev ?
I thought the problem is onPress/onRelease button handlers. But you are developer. I think it’s a bug. Maybe minor but preventing comfortable using.

I have already provided details several times in this thread.

We have several widgets that support gestures, that’s why scrolling on them is not working, later it would be fixed, but at now moment you could see such behavior on history graph and possibly sometimes on super graph. And in the history graph it would not be changed, as it is already not available.