Same raspberry pi for local Blynk server as well as for running Blynk sketch?

i think it is possible. @Lichtsignaal (i know you have a difficult time now) or @psoro can you please see if you can help?

it is not a solution, just tinkering about the same topic, read here:

1 Like

Sure, that would work, but you need to program the “sketch” in either JavaScript with NodeJS or some sort of C language You cannot run Arduino compatible sketches on the Pi.

I plan on giving it a try on my older RPi B ver 2… I was just waiting until I figured out the client side first :wink: Now that I have that done’ish, I will experiment with transferring my existing Local Server over to the RPi and let you all know.

Sorry mate, my knowledge in this field is really limited… I’m improving step by step about Linux stuff but unfortunately I’m still a newbie…:sweat:

ok, i see. but you wrote very nice tutorial about local server, this is why i thought you are pro :slight_smile: me very novice in linux too…

Glad you like it @wanek! At the moment I’m far from pro…I’m trying to read and learn as much as I can but the day has only 24 hours!!!

true, but you know the joke: how can you use 26 hours from 24?
you wake up 2 hours earlyer… :grinning:

2 Likes

You can actually run Arduino compatible sketches on the Pi using the Particle IDE. Recently, the Pi platform has been integrated into the Particle Cloud ecosystem. See here: https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/intro/raspberry-pi/ for a general introduction and here for the “Getting started” guide https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/start/raspberry-pi/. Once you followed the step by step guide, you can use the particle IDE (e.g. https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/build/core/ for the web version) to write the sketches and upload them over the air to the Pi. It is fairly straightforward and I got it working with a simple “Hello World”-type example in no time.
However, have not tried it yet with a more complex sketch, e.g. by including the Blynk library (in my to-do list).

That sounds interesting! Thanks for the tip. I’ll put it on my to-do list too :slight_smile:

So this means, I can setup on PRI 3 with on board wifi or have to use second compatible wifi dongle?

you can use onboard wifi. see the adafruit tutorial and my post on this topic.

Thanks @wanek nice instruction :slight_smile: I have one question though, I am using mobile hotspot no ethernet connection, so I want to use RPI as a router and use as a server also when I don’t have no internet connection…

i do not understand exactly, please elaborate.

I’ve installed NAS on the RPi and want to RPi to be an AP and a Router without ethernet connection. Is it possible or I did not get the “setup Pi zero W as ultra portable server and AP” right? :sweat:

actually, this is exactly what i did in that tutorial :slight_smile:

:joy:

Why can he just program a Raspberry Pi sketch?

P.s. New to Blynk and…LOVE IT!!!

Because Arduino sketches are not compatible and runnable on a RasPi running Linux. You need C or JavaScript for that.

But why can’t he run a “Raspberry Pi sketch” since Blynk supports Raspberry?

There is no such thing as “raspberry pi sketch”. The Pi is completely different from the Arduino platform.