Run script without wifi (ESP8622) (Arduino Code)

Hello
I’m building a controller for a greenhouse with esp 8266 and multiple sensors.
The transmission to Blynk works.
what I want to make sure is that the script runs even if there is no WIFI connection, or the script can be started without WIFI. ( the heating and ventilation are controlled by relays )
how can I just solve this ?
The gruns script is based on the example: ESP Standalone

Many thanks for your inputs

Mark

If you use Blynk.begin in your script then the code will stop at this point if there is no Wi-Fi/Blynk connection.

Instead, you can use Blynk.config and Blynk.connect, which won’t block the code execution if there’s no connection. If you search the forum you’ll find some excellent examples.

Pete.

3 Likes

Hello
Many thanks for the answer

I’m completely lost…

Can someone send me a script where the PIN A0 is read and sent to Blynk Virtual Pin 4?
and also runs if no WIFI is available ?
and is displayed on the Serial Monitor ?

thank you very much
Markus

@Markus, you’re unlikely to get people writing your code for you on this site.
If you’d had a go at it yourself and were having a few issues then you may get some pointers about how to fix the issues, but we all have our own projects to work on.

Pete.

2 Likes

Pin A0 is analog pin , wich device is connected to ?

Hi
it`s a soil sensor

regards Markus

I guess you are using Blynk server?
As you know, the app needs WiFi connection to display the value on V4.
You have to create a timer and call a function who reads A0 and write value to V4.

Yes, if the wifie connection is present, the standard code will work, but I am looking for a solution that will allow the code to work WITHOUT wifi.

It’s all about Greenhouse control, and I need to be sure that the code works WITHOUT wifi.

Markus

As I said before, you need to change your sketch so that it uses Blynk.config and Blynk.connect instead of Blynk.begin

The documentation about this is here:

Did you do as I suggested and search the forum for examples?
I’m not going to do your searching for you, but you should look for the C++ coding examples (work in progress) from @Gunner

Pete.