Receiving sms with sim800L when blynk get out (internet issue)

5 REASONS WHY YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROGRAM A MICROCONTROLLER

1] Check The Power Supply
When I was trying to program a PICAXE microcontroller it always used to show a error that unable to program I tried to solve this problem and then I finally came to know that my power supply was not appropriate. I was using a wall adapter at first when I replaced it programming started taking place smoothly. My programmer required external power supply

2] Selecting Correct Serial Port
In the programming software that you are using you need to specify the port to which you have connected your programmer to. I have failed to program my PIC microcontrollers because I didn’t select the correct serial port.

3] Installing Drivers
Before being able to use your programmer you need to install the drivers necessary for the functioning of the programmer. When you connect the programmer for the first time it will automatically install them but if it doesn’t download it from the internet. While programming the arduino it did not automatically install the drivers I had to specify the locations of the drivers.

4] Pull Ups
Many microcontrollers require pull ups in their circuit before they can be programmed like the picaxe microcontroller requires 10k pull up resistor at the serial pin to get programmed otherwise it shows a error. Many other microcontrollers too require pull ups they might 1 or several.

5] The Programming Software Is Not Detecting The Microcontroller
This again is a problem with your power supply check your power supply again and again connect the programmer to the computer and now it should detect it but if it still doesn’t detect it there might be a problem in your programmer.

1 Like

hi pete
i’m using sim800l with arduino nano with rx tx 2 3 (arduino nano have the old bootloader)
SoftwareSerial SerialAT(2, 3);
and my arduino IDE version is 1.8.16
the programe works fine with this , when i swich to the ATmega328p (package TH) with the same arduino version and do the boutloader like this https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/BuiltInExamples/ArduinoToBreadboard
and I communicate the sim800l with the RX TX of ATmega328p pin (0,1)

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#define TINY_GSM_MODEM_SIM800

#define BLYNK_HEARTBEAT 60

#include <TinyGsmClient.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleTinyGSM.h>

char auth[] = "SDBeTWi9exbA0Sa-EG34GhzvUM*****";

char apn[]  = "YourAPN";
char user[] = "";
char pass[] = "";
char server[] = "197.***.**.**";
int port = 8080;
String message;

TinyGsm modem(Serial);
BlynkTimer timer;
void myTimerEvent()
{
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V8, digitalRead(8));
}
void reconnectBlynk() {
  if (!Blynk.connected()) {
    Serial.println("Lost connection");
    if (Blynk.connect()) {
      Serial.println("Reconnected");
    }
    else {
      Serial.println("Not reconnected");
    }
  }
}
void setup()
{

Serial.begin(9600);

delay(10);

delay(3000);

modem.restart();

Blynk.begin(auth, modem, apn, user, pass, server, port );
  timer.setInterval(3000L, myTimerEvent);
   Serial.println("AT+CMGF=1"); // Configuring TEXT mode
   Serial.println("AT+CNMI=1,2,0,0,0");
}

void loop()
{
  timer.run();
    if (Blynk.connected()) {
  Blynk.run();
}
  else {
    while (Serial.available() )
    {
      message = Serial.readString();
      Serial.println(message);
      if (message.indexOf("D10ON") >= 0) {
        digitalWrite(12, HIGH);
        delay(1000);
        digitalWrite(12, LOW) ;
      }
      delay(250);
    }
  }
}````
this programme works fine without the timer and the sms part .

this is so helpful maybe the third pointe (installing drivers) i dont use any driver
:sweat_smile:

And do you think that the information you’ve provided gives us sufficient information to understand exactly what hardware setup you have, and exactly what errors you are encountering and at which stage in the process these errors are occurring?

From what you’ve said so far, this doesn’t appear to be a Blynk related issue.
If you’re going to post random pieces of information rather than information that will allow forum members to assist you then I’ll close the topic and suggest that you discuss your issues on a more appropriate forum.

Pete.

As @PeteKnight says a detailed list would be best, but most of the time for me I need to select the legacy boot loaded in board settings.

1 Like

I did’t see that comming, I am a beginner and I hope this post will help the group as I was pleased with the posts of some, I am working on solving my problem and I will publish the result, so please do not close it, I did not explain the problem precisely because I do not know exactly where the problem is ,

whatever i’m working to change our fuse in the ATmega328p , i wish to works fine after the change , and you right the problem is not in blynk , the problem i think is in the microcontroller setting .

my chip have not select any boot loaded in board settings. :cry:

I recommend you to use the arduino board instead because it’s ready to use, just plug and play.

1 Like

i already did it with microcontroller alone in the PCB , but it’s okay ! new experience ! thanks

1 Like

this programme works fine without the timer and the sms programme part , in both of arduino nano and atmega328