Reading Rate not working in background

First, thank for blynk magic, it really great app!
I understand that when using reading rate and set the frequency, the data only can send to blynk when the app is on but not the app when running in background.

it is great if there have an option can select the data always can send to the bylnk (include the app running in background) when using the “reading rate”. If so, i can easy to use “eventor settings” to make program every way.

Example:
when v0 (reading rate 1 seconds) is equal to 0, on something or send notification.
(unable to do when app running in background except writing code in arduino, but if the data too many, it unable to use timer function as timer function maximum up to 16 timer)

The restriction with Blynk timer is that you can only have 16 timer instances per timer object, so it is possible to declare more timer objects to obtain a greater number of timner instances.

However, I suspect that you’re using timers incorrectly within your code, as even my most complex sketches only require one timer object and 6 or 7 timer instances.

Don’t forget that you can do multiple logical tests with one function that’s called by a timer. For example, if you were running a climate control system and used a timer to call a function that takes a temperature reading every 10 seconds, you could then apply lots of logic to the results of that reading.
You may have rules that say “if we’re in winter mode and it’s below x temperature turn the heating on”, “if we’re in winter mode and if it’s above y temperature turn the heating off”, “if we’re in summer mode and it’s above z temperature then turn the air conditioning on” etc. etc etc.
This only requires one timer instance.

Pete.

Hi, thanks for your answers. i know the code can handle all the scenario, but if the reading rate can run in background, it will be much more easy and user friendly.

I doubt that changes of this type are feasible, as they would almost certainly have an impact on battery life and be dependent on restrictions that exist within the various mobile operating systems.
Also, I wouldn’t expect any significant enhancements to the app in the near future. The developers are working on Blynk V2.0, which will be released to beta testers at some point (hopefully soon).

If you’er developing a project then you should work with what is currently available, so if the Eventor approach doesn’t work for you then take a different approach as a workaround.

Pete.