Raspberry pi local server not working without internet connection

Yes, that should be fine.
Set it up with an SSID that’s different to your home Wi-Fi network, and a Wi-Fi password of your choice.
Connect your RPI to the new SSID along with your phone, and re-flash any MCUs with the new SSID and password and you’ll have your own self-contained network for testing.

Pete.

1 Like

well on my router setting page, in the internet connection tab should i keep it set as dynamic ip (DHCP) or something else like static ip and then configure it by putting my rpi server ip in it?

also i noticed that each time i start the server in my pi, the pi assigns new IP each time and i have to update the same in the app… any thing i can do there?? @PeteKnight @Gunner

The router isn’t going to be connected to the internet, so nothing on that page is relevant.
It’s the LAN or Networking page where you need to ensure that DHCP is on, and the Wi-Fi or Wireless page where you create an SSID and password.

You need to set your RPI up with a Static IP. You could do this in the router, on the LAN page probably, Pro the Pi (I’m not a local server user, so I’m not going to try to advise on that, but I’m sure of you search this forum you’ll see how to do it.

Also, you should clone your local server SD card in case it gets corrupted while you’re out “in the field”

Pete.

1 Like

this is my setup page… is everything allright on the router end??

Personally, I don’t like SSID’s with spaces in the name. I usually use underscores or hyphens instead.
I’d always use WPA2 security, even if you’re in the back of beyond.

Pete.

1 Like