Raspberry Pi client still working when my local server is off

Hi all,
I just started discovering Blynk, I started by installing a local Blynk server in my Raspberry Pi, that is connected by ethernet cable to internet. After making my first Android app with a couple of buttons and setting up the auth key everything worked fine. The virtual pins values set on the Android side are received by the Raspberry.
Then I stopped the local server and to my surprise my Android app is still working! It looks like my Android app is connecting to the cloud server and not to my local server…! So my question is: what is the point of having a local server?

Ho well, my question is really a noobs question…
I just figured it out, in fact I’m using a C++ program on my Raspberry to manage several PWM signals using the pi-blaster library and sending values via Blynk virtual keys, and this program is also working as a Blynk server (or client?) to my Android app. So I don’t need to launch the Blynk server if I start my C++ application. But I need one of them active. If both are off then I have a message on the Android side saying that my Raspberry is not connected.

What exactly have you done? There are two things possible on the Pi, install the Local Server and set it up as an end-node (which you indeed can control with the App). They are both different things.

I did both. I got the blynk-library files from git and compiled them, then executed:
$ sudo ./blynk --token=my-token
It worked fine and allowed me to use the ON/OFF buttons.
Then I made a C++ program using some code samples I got around in several places and linked it with BlynkHandlers.o and also using pi-blaster to control several PWM pins. It is starting to work, I’ll post here what I’ve done when it is done :slight_smile: and working.

You can check this:

For a very limited architecture overview of Blynk I made.