Questions about the platform, before starting development

Hello,

I am an IoT Maker, basing my developments on the ESP32. I have a smart home system installed at home, controlling about 50 devices. I developed the code on the LilyGO T-Display-S3 to manage the system and looking for cloud support + mobile app for Android and iOS.

I have a few questions regarding Blynk that I was not able to find complete answers to and will highly appreciate getting the answers:

1. As I have many controlled devices, does the mobile app supports grouping? Can I define groups (e.g., Kitchen, Salon) and assign the relevant controlled devices to their group?

2. Do you support other languages in addition to English? Is that included for the same price?

3. Is there a way to build the mobile UI dynamically during the mobile app loading, by the app getting the setup remotely from the ESP32, instead of hard coding up-front?

4. The licensing/pricing is not clear to me. How is the licensing price being calculated? Per ESP32 controller that I install? Per the number of controlled devices? In another way?

5. Does the platform supports Google Home and Alexa for the same price or is there an additional payment for that?

6. Is there an additional option to manage the devices locally without going to the cloud?

Thanks a lot,
Motti

Before diving-in to answering your questions, it would help if you could provide more information about how your current HA system works. How do your devices communicate with eachother, and what sort of role does your LilyGO T-Display-S3 device play?

What type of interaction are you looking for on your mobile or web dashboards in Blynk?

Pete.

Hi Pete, Thanks for your reply. I will try to expand:

I used HA in the past but wanted something of my own that will be more stable, will not require a RPI, and will not need frequent updates (and I do not like yaml…).

My smart home system is made by a company called MOX. It is an extensive product that works very well across the house. I wanted to add a mobile app for that (both Android and iOS). The system is controlled via a proprietary protocol over UDP. I developed all needed code to manage the system and now would like to add the mobile side.

The way I would like it to work is:

• Controller boots for the first time
  • Internal webserver is used for provisioning
  • Internal webserver is used for configuring the system (define the controlled devices - names, types, IDs and Sub IDs, etc.)
  • When mobile app starts, it queries the controller for the setup and automatically builds the UI for the user
    That’s it :slight_smile:
    Best regards,
    Motti

That wishlist isn’t going to happen with Blynk I’m afraid.
There may be a solution that would work for you, but as of yet you’ve not provided nearly enough information for me to outline what might be possible.

Pete.

What information is still missing?

The MOX smart home system is installed in my house. It operates over a wired network that uses the CAN protocol. It has an Ethernet gateway that I can communicate with over WiFi using UDP, send CAN type commands and receive status messages. This control side works now using the T-Display-S3. What I need is the mobile side which will allow using an app to communicate with the T-Display-S3 for controlling the smart home system.

1. Yes, Business Plan only (as of today)
  2. Localization feature is an add-on you can purchase separately on top of business plan
  3. No. Could you please explain the use-case? In a certain manner, template ID flashed to the device defines the UI in mobile app and in console. UI per template can be changed at any point and all devices will inherit these template settings
  4. Depends on the plan. I believe Pricing | Blynk IoT Platform page is pretty self-explanatory and cover various limits, including devices/users
  5. Alexa and Google Home are add-ons in Business Plan
  6. No