Problem with controlling mini fan

Dear Blynk developers,

When I was dealing with my project developing an environmental monitoring system based on Intel Edison, I chose to use Blynk to build my IoT application.

I chose to use Grove mini fan module which supply power is 5V, thus I connect it to my based shield diectly on D4, and I used following part of codes to control it:

const int fanPin = 4;

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
pinMode(fanPin, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(fanPin, LOW);
}
void loop(){
Blynk.run();
}

When only mini fan runs on my development board, everything is fine. And the button widget in my Blynk app can control it directly. The problem is that after I add other sensors like PM2.5 sensor, temperature sensor and flame sensor to my development board, the mini fan does not work as well as before. What I mean is my Blynk app loses control of the fan. When I press the button to turn on the fan, it does not work.

I am wondering if there are some problems with the distributed power from Intel Edison. Maybe the more senors connected to the development board, the worse they perform.

Sounds like a question for an Intel Edison forum.

Unless it is directly related to BLYNK, I don’t think you will find too many answers here.

Have you tried using a better power supply? I know some of the DEV boards are limited in the amount of power they can supply, and that the use of transistors and such becomes more important as you try to drive more components. I suspect a fan can eat up a bit of current when compared to say a dht11 temperature sensor.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply.

I think you are right, maybe I should use a relay to drive my fan.