Problem: Maybe you need to install mraa or onoff modules?

Hi,
I have a PI3. I have blown it away and started over once. I have gone thru both the web page and the youtube installs. I have verified just one node version installed. I still get this error! I don’t know what mraa is! And I did install onoff via the instructions. I am using a relay module that worked under another program. Side note…see nothing on why you would select an output, then change the two connected boxes. Right now the first has 0, the 2nd has 1. The button sends me the message like clockwork upon pushing and the app stays online (which is a good sign). I have seen previous posts but not working.

Please help!
Kevin

Latest Raspbian - all updates.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ node --version
v6.11.3
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ npm --version
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ nodejs --version
v6.11.3

Have you tried: sudo npm install onoff -g

From Blynk’s Help Center directions?

http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/raspberry-pi/how-to-install-nodejs-library-on-linux

Hi,
Yes as stated, I have installed from scratch twice utilizing the full recommended install procedure. That line is part of the install procedure.
Thanks,
Kevin

And what was the listed results (in the CLI) of said command? You error implies that it didn’t install correctly and may have displayed an error stating such.

/usr/lib
└── onoff@1.1.7

Only error is it doesn’t work and each time I trigger a relay on or off…
I get this message over and over…
“maybe-you-need-to-install-mraa-or-onoff-modules?”

I’m encountering the exact same error trying to make Blynk work with my Raspberry Pi powered Pi-Top. I have onoff installed, so that only leaves mraa. I goggled rmaa and found this site:
https://iotdk.intel.com/docs/master/mraa/building.html

I’m going to try their instructions.

Anyone got a solution for:

No direct pin operations available.
Maybe you need to install mraa or onoff modules?
? Really dont know what i can do now, i tried a new installation a few times… please help

I followed the blynk installation guide, onoff is istalled in version 1.1.9 in “/usr/lib/”.

i recognized that in the video when she starts the blynk client it writes “OnOff mode” in terminal, for me it looks like that:

pi@IrRcPi:~ $ blynk-client 44e46xxxxxxxxxxxx0159d8738fd9
Connecting to: blynk-cloud.com 8441
SSL authorization...
Connected
Authorized
Blynk ready.
No direct pin operations available.
Maybe you need to install mraa or onoff modules?

Ok, i dont know whats different this time but i installed raspbian again with the newest image and now its running instant after same installation :slight_smile: