Problem Autorestarting Local Server on RaspberryPi3

Hi :grin:

I have installed a local Blynk Server on a Raspberry Pi 3.

The server is correctly configured and I can run without problem my project.

The problem is that everytime I reboot my Raspberry the Local Server I need to restart it using the terminal command “java -jar server-0.29.0-java8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk”

I have also tried to both insert in crontab -e the following line "@reboot java -jar /home/pi/server-0.29.0.java8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk & " and also in the sudo crontab -e the same line.

I have also open,using terminal,the file /etc/rc.local and I have insert the following line “java -jar /home/pi/server-0.29.0.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk &” before the line exit0.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Not a Blynk related question…

You already did… two different ways :wink:

Not sure why this isn’t working for you… works for my setup in my /etc/rc.local file. But you need the sudo prefix.

1 Like

Oh many thanks @Gunner now all is going great!!!

I know that is not a Blynk related question but following the guide here https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server

seems that I have to add only this line

java -jar /home/pi/server-0.29.0.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk &

but the working line is pretty different

sudo java -jar /home/pi/Blynk/server-0.29.0-java8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk &

I hope that now the guide posted in gitHub will be improved by author with the correct command.

Thank you sooooo much!!

1 Like

please mark topic as solved than!

The problem with that is… everyones setup is different, and thus one “correct” command will not necessarily be working for another’s setup.

That is one reason that Local Server should be considered an expert use only… you need to know more than just basic Blynk commands to get it running smoothly.

the beauty of linux, huh?

1 Like

Don’t get me started :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like