Preferred approach to adding lines to a table?

In the documentation and sample codes, I’ve noted two different ways of creating new lines in tables and both work (see my code below), so can someone explain the reasons for using one version over the other?

‘’’
// Add rows to Table Widget ////////
Blynk.virtualWrite(V20, “add”, 0, “Temperature”, 0);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V20, “add”, 1, “Pressure”, 0);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V20, “add”, 2, “Humidity”, 0);
// or use this //////////
table.addRow(3, “Door state”, “Closed”);
‘’’

I haven’t really used the Table Widgets much… but I think it is much like the Terminal and LED widgets. They have discreet commands, but still support the basic virtualWrite() process. Just use whatever is most comfortable as I don’t think there is much difference in the end result.

1 Like

PS, this could have been asked in your other topic about tables :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

True, but in my experience of asking multiple questions is normal email life, I find that most people stop reading after the first question, and the subsequent questions get overlooked. The first post happened to have two questions, but the second one regarding changing icons colours or images has not been answered, however I do realise that it’s only been up for a very short time.

I’m also trying to separate out different issues that just happen to be related to Tables.

As always, your comments are appreciated :slight_smile:

This style forum make it easier to track then email or other types i have seen… so generally if the topic can be grouped, it keeps others like me from bouncing back and forth to answer very similar or related questions for the same user :wink: In your case general Table Widget questions.

Point taken, thanks