[SOLVED] Possible to record/display high/low variables for temp/humidity sensor?

i’m completely agree with @costas!

recently i’ve tried to use graph for visualise lightning activity in a 40km radius area:

the graph was set to use highest value for <= 1km distance and lowest value for >= 40km. (when no lightning was detected for a certain amount of time i just send 40)

but the whole history graph was useless, because of the averaging: there was, for example one lightning registered at 10km, then no lightning for some time, so just sent values of 40, then also some other lightnings, etc.

i’ve imagined to have a history graph with a straight line on the bottom while no lightning detected, and a vertical spike for every lightning, the height of the spike representing the distance (the longer the spike, the closer the lightning)

but what i’ve actually got was an “averaging”: for 2 at 40km and 1 at 10 km => i’ve got one single entry with value of 30 km :smile: (and this was in the 1 hour / 6 hour resolution)

now i’m trying to use the other graph, (not history), this apparently is doing what i want, but without data storage, so it is possible to interpret data only in real time :frowning:

it would be nice to have some option in the new history graph widget, to display only concrete non-averaged values (points), without connecting them with a line. with something like this:

i see that cloud server resources are limited, but at least on local server, it could be possible?

Thank you everyone for your inputs!

@Gunner thanks yes that was the basic data I was looking for.
Gonna spend some time this weekend to setup local blynk server with DB and minute polling for both temp and humidity.

I think the data I want to display is there to be read but I’m looking at more of a UI problem to show current temp/humidity readings with high low boxes below current to display quick and dirty numbers over 24 hrs.

graphs are super valuable to troubleshoot but for this particular task a verbose graph would consume a lot of display real estate vs 6 boxes total displaying LIVE temp +24 high + 24 low & LIVE humidity + 24 high + 24 low

@Morty yes display widgets with a bit of coding is probably the way to go for you for min and max. The benefit of graphing is easy access to “raw” data for up to 3 months and you now have unlimited display real estate so that’s not really a valid reason not to use them.

how to extend the display of a historical chart up to 1 year?

put a diary note in your phone set at 3 month intervals and then stitch the 4 quarters together.