Ota wifi port not appearing for wemos d1 mini

A few other things to look at…

1. Are you 100% sure that both your PC and your Wemos are connected to the same Wi-Fi network? I’ve seen a situation where a a dual-band router was being used an the MCU was connected to the 2.4ghz network and the PC connecting to the 5ghz network (which had the same ssid) and the router want bridging the two connections.

2. If your router is set-up to use IPv6 then try turning this off.

3. Ditto with UPnP.

4. As @Costas said, its likely to be a firewall issue. Try turning off Windows firewall altogether.

Pete.

Restarted windows, now Bonjour is running, But the same procedure gets the same results. No OTA port is showing. I tried turning off the antivirus, Avast, no change. I see it says Java platform is allowed.

The port showed up after some combination of turning off the firewall and starting Bonjour and restarting the IDE And windows.

However now I have errorx during uploading:

05:17:48 [ERROR]: No Answer
05:17:48 [ERROR]: No Answer

and when I retried:

Uploading…
05:24:04 [ERROR]: Error Uploading
05:24:04 [ERROR]: Error Uploading

That is the feature I referred to. Press the reset button on the WeMos after every local flash.

So it was your problem and not the Arduino IDE and libraries etc.

1 Like

Ok Now I can upload. :slight_smile:

I don’t know ‘who’s at fault’ here really but all I know is the system doesn’t seem to work very well, or at least is not documented very well officially. I’ll have to find out how to let Avast selectively allow this activity.

I really appreciate your assistance it is a feature with major benefits that I was really looking forward to.

Thanks again. I hope anyone that finds this in the future may be helped by it.

1 Like

Ahh, just blame it on global warming :wink: OTA works very well and it is all very well documented, just requires a modicum of research.

Glad you finally got it working… on to the next challenge!

1 Like

No, it’s not well documented, I spent an entire day trying to figure this out, taking many, many troubleshooting steps that cost me an entire day’s worth of work on a project I am behind on already. So I completely disagree with you, but thanks again for your help. Maybe don’t take things so personally.

I found that first post I sent you the link to (that you didn’t click on) in 5 min… it referenced all the things you tried.

Nothing personal, just trying to help… leading a donkey to water and all that :wink:

1 Like

:thinking:
Careful with the use of idioms!
A little bit strange for a non-native English speaker like me…:wink:

5 Likes

I am sure almost everything i say is a little strange to all languages :stuck_out_tongue:

@PeteKnight too funny :rofl:

Definitely… Sometimes I need to read twice your posts to understand…imagine using idioms! Crazy :sweat_smile:

If you ever need clarification just PM me :slight_smile:

1 Like