OTA Update - Firmware version mismatch

Hi everyone !

I have some troubles with the OTA update. I have for each try the same error message “Firmware version mismatch”. I really don’t understand because I already have defined the version using BLYNK_FIRMWARE_VERSION in my code. The version is higher, so I don’t understand.

I can not add image in the topic to show you, but in my device informations, in the firmware version category this is write “1.tmpl” instead of “1.0”, maybe that can help you. And for information I tried to upload the 1.1 version.

Thanks for your help !

Valentin

What happens if you choose “No Condition” from the “APPLY UPDATE IF THE DEVICE HAS” menu box in the Bynk.Air shipment screen?

I suspect that your original sketch, which is running on the device at the moment, had a firmware version that the OTA process cannot parse correctly - possibly because it’s in the wrong location within your sketch.

Pete.

I arready tried to choose no conditions, the firmware never upload. I have a lot of “Request sent” message then it stops because it reached the maximal number of attempts. I have 14 “Request sent”.

But when I create the OTA shipping the version is correctly read. In the OTA menu, in the “firmware version” of my shipping it is write “1.1”. And I added in my app a label to show me the current version, et this is the right version to, “1.0”.

For the location, I added my code “#define BLYNK_FIRMWARE_VERSION “1.1”;” just below the informations of my project, when I define the template ID et the token, so at the beginning of my code.

So the firmware version of the new shipment is being parsed correctly, but it seems - from your somewhat confusing description - that the firmware version of your current firmware is not.

Do you have access to the device? Can you perform an update to the new version of the sketch via USB then try another update - to a higher version number - via Blynk.Air ?

Are you running the Blynk Edgent example sketch?
What hardware are you using?

Pete.

Yeah sorry for my approximative English. I already tried to upload a new version directly on my device. The problem was the same. I’m not using the exemple sketch Blynk Edgent and I’m using a NodeMCU V3 ESP8266

I’d suggest that you post the .ino portion of your sketch, correctly formatted with triple backticks at the beginning and end, so that it displays correctly.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

Copy and paste these if you have problems finding the correct symbol on your keyboard.

Pete.

Okay so I think I made some big mistakes not using the BlinkEdgent sketch. So I tried to use this sketch on a new device (with no modification, only the template IDand the device name. But, I can not add it inside the Blink app. In fact, it seems to connect by itself on my wifi. But I didn’t add any informations about my wifi inside the code, so how it’s even possible ?

I’d start by reading this:

Then clear your provisioned credentials with a 10 second press of the button.

Also, if you already have any unwanted devices created from the template then delete these before re-provisioning.

Pete.