NOT able to RECOVER Previous Created Project on the app! URGENT HELP needed!

Recently I had created a Project “Plant Watering System” (An Iot Project using NodeMcu and arduino.>Nodemcu sends the Sensor values from arduino to the blynk app btw)

I used blynk app to display the sensor reading on My Tablet. The Project was Working Superbly and I have been even honored for my Project btw…

So my TAB(Android~Samsung) had automatically moved the blynk app to the SD card.I had even signed in to the blynk app(That is the project was linked to my Fb account)
Unknowingly i removed and flashed the sd card for using it for other purposes! So today when I open my tab i can see the Blynk app is Missing(obvious as i am not using the SD card now) So I used my phone and logged in to blynk with Fb Account.

This is where the problem starts!
1. I cant see my previous Project which was created on my Tab!
2.I can see I have 0 energy left!(I had used it fully previously)

Well Currently I need the app working Again as I have a Contest comming on 28/Sept/2017!

I cant use another another Account and create a New Project as --I cant update the Nodemcu Authentication Code! (As i don’t have the required libraries for Nodemcu,While uploading it’'ll show missing libraries so cant upload the code)

So the only way is to get the Old App Project Working! I have the Noodemcu Code(The Auth code used by my project)

I would be very kind of you If you could help me getting the old project working with the auth code which i had previously uploaded to the noemcu!

Or can use make an exeption i my case that is using a new project but with the same auth code!I dont have any other option!:frowning:

The contest really means a Lot for Me!

Please help me out!
George
15yr old maker From India!

@Costas @Lichtsignaal @mars @Gunner @Dmitriy @wanek @Jamin @psoro @Dave1829 @BlynkAndroidDev

You need to log in with the exact same method and credentials that you used initially and from the same location to the same server. Your project should then be available.

I used the exact same method! Signed it with my facebook account!I havnt changed my location too!
@Costas

Can u get the Project layout with the help of AUTH CODE! Please take it as a special case!
Please I cant bear creating a new Project! Thats not possible!

I am stuck right now…with the competition coming on head!

First off, stop panicking and please don’t spam call other users unnecessarily; We all see the same topics.

You Blynk projects are ALL stored on the server… I am guessing in your case it is the Cloud Server… they have nothing to do with your phone, tablet or SD card. In fact you can use multiple devices to see the same projects, just by logging into the same account. So that is why @Costas said use the same credentials (FB login) and from same location (to be sure you are not running into a GEO DNS location issue of logging into a different Cloud Server).

So, take a deep breath and double check that you are logging into the app the exact same way as you used to… and don’t reset the password yet either.

PS, the absent Blynk project has NOTHING to do with your script on the NodeMCU and any libraries it requires… so why is it that you are saying you no longer have those as well?

@Gunner
I am at the same location where i started this Project(at my home) still cant get it!

When was thew last time you where properly logged in and seeing the projects? Have you made any changes to your FB account or did you try resetting your Blynk account password?.. tell us everything you have tried… else we are just guessing.

I used the app previously on FEB 19 th 2017,
Havnt made any changes to the Account /password btw…

OK, that was well long enough for your account to be disabled due to lack of use… at least you didn’t wait until the last day to discover this :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if @Dmitriy is on vacation or something (bender :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), as I haven’t noticed him commenting lately, but you usually need to send him a personal message (click on his name and chose Message) with your login info and he can try to reinstate it.

@staff… who else can resolve this Cloud account reinstatement if Dmitriy is away?

Thanks a Lot for the Guidance Sir!

I have personally contacted @Dmitriy ould you plesase cont him and someone from the staff from your side!
Days are comming closer,

The “Young Scientist Award 2017” means a Lot to me,I have been gathering all my experience and handwork for that single Competiton. I really can’t look back at this moment, My school is relying on me for this.

What can be done, has been done… now just wait patiently for someone’s reply; After all, you have waited 7 months since loading this project, another day or so shouldn’t matter :wink:

And for the future… back up your projects by saving the QR file vi the Share option.

2 Likes

it been SEVEN MONTHS?!?!?!?!

a “Young Scientist Award 2017” prospect should not let a project linger for 7 DAYS!!!

Initially developed this project in 2016,even after months not using my project I was able to login to blynk app(ie. I was able to use the app after a gap of approx 4 months )

So I was solid sure this was going to work this time too as it’s stored in the server and linked to my accnt…
PS: As a student i have some limitations managing studies other works and Projects !

While we are looking into the issue, you can consider recreating your project just to be sure you can make it before the deadline.

Some of our engineers are on well-deserved vacation and might not be able to fix it quickly.

If you have the code, matching the widgets should not be very difficult.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Will try to help with anything we can.

Thank For the Reply!

Sir,I don’t have the Code for my program, I lost it after my pc got formatted… I have only testing codes which I made…

Starting it all again is a huge Problem ,Please understand my situation and limitations !

Please redirect someone to resolve this issue!
The contest is like my dream come true ,I can’t look back at this moment…

Please dont leave me😥

There is absolutely nothing that we… or anyone… can do to retrieve your uncompiled sketch from your NodeMCU device. Sounds like you might want to start reworking with what you do have, just in case.

@Costas @Pavel @Gunner Sir,
Nodemcu is working fine ! Node is successfully sending data to blynk server with the auth code

The problem is ,the dashboard I have created on blynk app is deleted ,thus I can’t access the data being sent by nodemcu!

As I don’t have all the libraries i used for my project, I am afraid to uplod a new code to it(that is with a new auth code)

I hadn’t expect blink app to delete the project created on the app.

The solution that can be done is
RETRIVING the project I created on the blynk app

you do not have to be afraid :wink:

rather, download the libraries you need from the internet. if you have a spare esp8266 based device, you can put together a new code and create a new project. you have nothing to loose with this approach:

• if the admins can retreive your existing project, you can continue using the original nodemcu

• if your project is lost, then at least you begin working to re-build on the another board. it is better than just waiting…

also, from now on, learn to ALWAYS backup your important source code and data to cloud (there are lots of free cloud storage, like google drive). keeping important data only on one disk, is very risky and bad practice.

you can backup even the blynk projects, by cloning them and sending the link to yourself.

i wonder, if this copetition project is soo important to you, why don’t you made any backups?

2 Likes

if the nodemcu is still manages to send the data to blynk server, you could access the data via blynk api. you just have to make a search in your mailbox for the blynk token for the respective project.

Blynk token means== auth code for the project?
I signed to my blynk app to my facebook account,which is linked to my mail…

I then Signed up to Blynk website with my mail after 4 months after creating the project,

by the way I have recieved the auth id via maii, I still have it!

It also means IF blynk makes an project for me with the same auth code,In my account I can acess my project!, without having the hassle to upload the new code to my nodemcu! That would be a great boon!

At the same time why did the project i created on blynk app suddenly dissapeared?