NodeMCU wasn't online yet

Hello…i just bought NodeMCU and try to use Blynk to monitor something.
I begin to try the simple code following the video on Blynk site tutorial to control LED embedded on NodeMCU through Blynk app. Yet, the blynk unable to connect to nodemcu.
here is the code:

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "rAuzRmYYJN2jq1tHt1JrnGDi8gZOwIeR";

// Your WiFi credentials.
// Set password to "" for open networks.
char ssid[] = "Trial";
char pass[] = "";

void setup()
{

Serial.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass, "blynk-cloud.com", 80);

}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}

Then i debug the code and serial monitor says:

SDK:2.2.1(cfd48f3)/Core:2.5.2=20502000/lwIP:STABLE-2_1_2_RELEASE/glue:1.1-7-g82abda3/BearSSL:a143020
[47] Connecting to Trial
scandone
scandone
no Trial found, reconnect after 1s
reconnect
scandone

Can anybody help me to figure out what is wrong with my projects?
Sincerely thanks

Nodemcu can’t find your WiFi network.
Are you sure about the SSID?

thanks for replying my thread… did you mean this part?

char ssid=“Trial”;

Yes, is it what you see in your WiFi list on your smartphone?
Btw, it’s not a blynk issue.
Maybe be your nodemcu is defective ?
Why this network is open ?

Please edit your original post and add triple backticks at the beginning and end of your code so that it displays correctly.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

Pete.

No i dont…
should the ssid appear on wifi list?
because there is no code to make nodemcu to become AP *CMIIW

Thank you Pete

Is the Wi-Fi SSID that you use called “Trial” ? (SSIDs are case sensitive).

And if it is, is Trial a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network?

Pete.

maybe it is my fault to not understand how this “blynk system” work.

So first of all, i have to activated my phone wifi thetering? then its SSID name being filled on the

char ssid = “”;

please correct me sir…

The normal way to use Blynk is to have a device, that is connected to your home Wi-Fi network, then allow your phone to connect to the internet either via your home Wi-Fi, mobile data, or a different Wi-Fi system (say when you’re at work, or when you’re using a public hotspot.

The NodeMCU uses the home network to talk to the Blynk server, and the phone uses whatever internet connection is available to talk to the Blynk server. The phone and NodeMCU never talk directly by Wi-Fi, it’s always done via the Blynk server.

This means that you’d normally put your home Wi-Fi SSID and password into the code, along with your Blynk Auth code, and upload it to the NodeMCU.

If you don’t have a home Wi-Fi network then it may be possible to use a mobile hotspot that you’ve set-up on your phone, but often this won’t work because the mobile network provider blocks the Blynk protocol when sharing the internet connection via a hotspot.

Does this answer your question?

Pete.

2 Likes

Finally it is working…
My fault was not understanding about how this device work. From the beginning i assume that nodemcu would be set as access point not a client.

Huge thanks for your help Mr Pete and Blynk_Coeur.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m still can’t used my device with blynk, i don’t understand the problem with my project, i can upload the sketch, but when i want to operate my device, always “wasn’t online yet”
can everybody here help me?

@madhan12 I’d suggest that you start your own topic and provide FULL details of the hardware you’re using and how it’s wired, the firmware you’re uploading, along with all the library versions, and the results you are seeing in your serial monitor.

Pete.

1 Like