We can see that registrations are going through. And we can’t reproduce the issue you are describing. Try registering through “content writer” link and let me know if get the same error.
@PeteKnight your energy will continue working on old system. Also, as moderator of community you will get free access to the Beta.
@GTT new Blynk has autoscaling multiline text widget. Specially for you As a top forum member, you will get free access to Beta.
Re: Local Server.
It’s not planned for first release 100%, but we are, of course, considering it for future releases.
We had to reconsider the use of local server due to those who abused Blynk platform for many years.
It was mentioned in the blog post, that business model is changed. A few details.
- no energy and microtransactions
- majority of features for individual use (more than now) will be free, but with certain limitations on volume.
- professional features, providing extended use will be paid. For example: access to raw data, sharing to more than X people, connecting over N number of devices, etc
- commercial plans (app publishing) will be updated to include CBM offering.
- new product for small businesses will be introduced to enable commercial possibilities without a need to publish a standalone app. Paid, based on usage.
Overall, we had these goals to achieve with the new model:
- More free features for developers and makers to enable creativity and innovation
- Move anything that signifies business use, or heavy use to paid plans.