New Project - Wasn't Online Yet

Hey Everybody,

I am using the following:

• Arduino Pro Mini 5V (with voltage dividers)
  • HC-06 Bluetooth module
  • DF Robotics mini MP3 Player
  • Samsung S5 Android smartphone with Android version 4.4.4
  • Blynk Version: 2.27.12
  • Server: Blynk Cloud

Because I am using the Arduino Pro Mini, I have only one hardware serial port that I am using for programming and Bluetooth communication. I disconnect the Bluetooth RX/TX wires while programming, and vice versa while testing. This certainly makes it impossible to communicate with the hardware Serial port to see the serial monitor.

I have an AltSoftSerial port for communicating with the DF Robotics mini MP3 player.

My project worked great just a few days ago. Now I get this error: “New Project - Wasn’t Online Yet”

I haven’t done anything different. And I cannot seem to get rid of this error. I am at my wits end.

I did ping the Blynk cloud from the CMD window of my PC, and I transmit and receive just fine.

I did try turning the firewall on my PC off and on with no difference…not able to get rid of this error.

I have looked over many posts on this subject and I have not found any solutions that seem to work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

See my code below.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdint.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleSerialBLE.h>
#include <DFPlayer_Mini_Mp3.h>
#include <AltSoftSerial.h>  //can probably delete this
#include <EEPROM.h>

#define extSpkr    2 
#define dogSpkr    3
#define BLYNK_USE_DIRECT_CONNECT
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
#define BLYNK_DEBUG

AltSoftSerial mySerial;  //(RX = 8, TX = 9)

char    auth[] = "I inserted my auth code here";
int     track  = 0;
char    c      = ' ';
boolean NL     = true;
uint16_t sliderValue;
int     addr = 0;

void setup() 
{   
    Serial.begin(9600);           //set 9600 baud for hardware serial
    mp3_set_serial (Serial);      //set Serial for DFPlayer-mini mp3 module 
    delay(1);                     //wait 1ms for mp3 module to set volume
    sliderValue = EEPROM.read(addr);
    mp3_set_volume(sliderValue);

delay(1000);

Serial.print("Sketch:   "); Serial.println(__FILE__);
    Serial.print("Uploaded: "); Serial.println(__DATE__);
    Serial.println(" ");

mySerial.begin(9600);         //set 9600 baud for software serial

Blynk.begin(mySerial, auth);  //initialize Blynk
    Serial.println("BTserial started at 9600");
    delay(2000);

pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
   Blynk.run(); 
}

It sounds like you’ve created a new project (which you’ve called ‘new project’) on your phone.

What happens if you click in the top left and switch to your original project?

Pete.

Dear Peter,

I have tried creating a New Project and I have gone back to the main project that I am working on that I call FC_v1. In both cases, I get the same “New Project - Wasn’t Online Yet” error.

TIA,
–Neal

That message is about your new project, which will have a different auth code to your old one. Unless you’ve used that new auth code then it wont have been online yet.

Pete.

Dear Peter,

So I deleted ALL BUT my current project. I still got the same error.

…but wait…

I just pressed the PLAY button and now it shows New Project - Online.

What changed? I do not know.

But my Bluetooth connection to my Arduino Pro Mini (that worked perfectly a couple of days ago) is still not working. So I refreshed the token, cut and pasted into my code, recompiled, and now the Blynk App shows the “Wasn’t Online Yet” error again.

Hmmmm.

TIA,
–Neal

SOLVED!

Dear Peter,

Thank you again for all of your help. I ended up having the Bluetooth and MP3 Player RX/TX wires swapped. The Bluetooth RX/TX wires were connected to the hardware serial port and the DF Robotics Mini MP3 Player RX/TX wires connected to the AltSoftSerial port. The BT should have been connected to the AltSoftSerial port and the MP3 Player should have been connected to the hardware serial port.

I have a big mess of 30AWG wires doing a lot of different stuff and overlooked this “small” detail. I will send a video link tomorrow.

Thank you,
–Neal

1 Like