šŸš€ New Blynk release!

What do you mean?
Legacy local server didnā€™t connect to Blynk Cloud but you still had remote access via smart phone.

Pete.

That is the way it worksā€¦and it works very well. But there is currently no way to move into the 2.0 architecture without some change. A local server that connects to the cloud and updates the cloud server, or if currently connected passes the data through to the cloud would enable a ā€œlocal serverā€ or concentrator architecture in a 2.0 world. We would get access to a lot of the new widgets and apps but retain a fault tolerant distributed system like we have with local servers.

Just imagine this just happened and forum members will not have an option to play with blynk n report bugs n glitches. And eventually this forum will be closed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Because no one has anything to play with.

I saw a topic created by you seeking help regarding bluetooth, n no help can be received :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I have been on many forums and go through many each day !! But i have never felt comfortable as much as i feel here and members here are all talented :pray:t2:.

This is why Blynk is not screwing us. And we are not asking them to transfer the company to us :joy:. We are just requesting a bit more !! More means, more ways to mess around, means we can create more projects and report bugs if any.

And i have seen many business persons seeing help here in the forum, because its the only way. For pro plan i guess they have a 24hr email support. But here they can find many and different solutions, only because members had done the same in some point and someone was sweet enough to drop the code.

So this way WE members of the forum n BLYNK are going hand in hand so no :nut_and_bolt:* screw* :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: bad joke my bad.

HAPPY BLYNKING

Thank you for responding !
After you answer, I can draw a few things for myself:
1- Blynk V2 is not suitable for low-cost product development (even I can sell billions of products).
2- Blynk V2 is developed towards specific applications, those products are priced according to the developerā€™s own way, but it is not priced according to any other standard.
3- Blynk V2 is suitable for products where the seller can collect additional fees every month (users accept that).
4- People or small businesses who want to start a business, they must first calculate the cost of making the product (in that cost will include the initial cost and the maintenance cost).
5- Blynk V2 has a very clear orientation (starting with a product that is different from the products on the market - because if the products that the market already have, it is obviously impossible to compete because the cost is too high. Contradictory to current features :slight_smile: )
6- Personally, I find that Blynk V2 has a contradictory development orientation. Personally, I have also commercialized a lot of equipment with Blynk V1, and I all recommend that customers buy power from Blynk, they are very willing to do it (I have also done a lot), but I did a survey about Blynk V2 with my customers over 80% of them disagreed.
I am looking for an alternative similar to Blynk V1 to replace, although would love to continue using Blynk, but for me it is impossible (canā€™t compete, canā€™t afford, canā€™t survive with that invoice).
I also hope that Blynk has more choices for many different types of customers, so that they can optimize product costs, then they can develop and Blynk will have more customers (if a project starts up). If a business using Blynk does not exist, Blynk will lose one customer, Blynk will have many more customers on the contrary).
-----
Finally, I thank you for your responses, and I also wish you success with the product and development direction.
----
Sorry that English is not my primary language.

1 Like

It sounds like Blynk Discovery may be the solution, for your scenario, once its released.

Pete.

2 Likes

blynk 1 was not for commercial except whitelabel

nice try taken out of context ! knew this would light your fire !!! and by the way less means more ! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

I just wanted to add my $.2 in here after reading some of the comments. I have been using Blynk V1 for a couple of years for a commercial product. Not huge quantities though. Itā€™s been good and I havenā€™t had any real issues for awhile. Occasionally some on boarding connection issues for users, but that could be one of a huge number of reasons. Overall itā€™s been good.

The pricing was always an issue for me as I was paying for a lot more then I was using. Eg. 1000 devices when I had 200 out there.

The new Blynk V2 to me looks much better, more modern, and the pricing seems to give some options for growth without paying everything up front which is good.

At first I was definitely going to move to a different system, but I am now re-thinking this. For a commercial product it is difficult to pick the ā€œrightā€ platform especially if you canā€™t develop your own. I have some questions I need answered and some more research but I might be sticking with Blynk.

One thing Iā€™ve learned over the past few years is you need to charge a subscription for your product. Unless you can sell large enough numbers consistently and offer new products regularly you will not survive otherwise. My product has been very seasonal so some months is fine, others are slow and I am paying more for Blynk then is coming in. You need to have something that stands out and fills a need that people are willing to pay for. If not how do you compete with companies making 100ā€™s of 1000ā€™s of parts?

Hereā€™s an idea Blynk, maybe offer an integration with a payment processor (eg. Stripe) or a e-commerce solution (eg. Shopify) so that businesses can charge subscriptions right from the app.

In terms of Blynk V2 and my thoughts, well, I havenā€™t used it yet! But a couple of comments on the pricing:

1. Keeps changing - Over the last year or so I check the site every now and then and I swear the pricing has changed 5 times at least! lol. Itā€™s hard to plan and make a decision when things keep changing. Hopefully now it is set.

2. White labelling - The cost now is much harder to do for small companies. I think it is over $6K for a year. Again this includes 10,000 devices which would be too many. I can understand the appā€™s being more difficult to manage, but maybe the web portal could have an option for changing the logo and maybe choosing one accent colour? Just a thought again.

Overall I think Blynk V2 looks good. Visuals are a HUGE part of charging a subscription. I still need to see if it fits all of my needs and if the pricing will work. Also I need to decide if not having a branded experience is OK or not.

There is such option already. Itā€™s $599/month. Includes private server and branded web app

Hi Pavel. Yes, but the jump is $49/mth for 40 users and no white labelling to $599/mth for 10,000 users and white labeling. Huge jump in users and cost.

This is just a comment/observation though! Iā€™m not saying this will keep me from using Blynk.