🚀 New Blynk release!

RTFM…

https://docs.blynk.io/en/getting-started/notification-management

Pete.

1 Like

Blynk 2 is useless for now. I can’t login. always waiting on connecting screen.

@Dmitriy could be a DNS issue?

Does Blynk 2 0 work with node-red-contrib-ws? I was working with blynk-ws-in-write, but had no success.

Thanks
Paul

Something at your end . . . I logged in no problem, setup my first test project, little bit of a learning curve but all good . . . not “useless” at all . . .

billd

1 Like

No, unfortunately it doesn’t, certainly at the moment.
This is because websockets integration has not been built in to Blynk.360. Blynk say that it’s on the roadmap, along with native MQTT support, but have not given a timescale.

@gab.lau (who wrote and maintains the current node-red-contrib-blynk-ws) has said this:

There is a workaround to post data to Blynk from Node-Red using the HTTP Request node, using the Blynk.360 API (which is different to the old one) and I’ve been using this to push data into 4 virtual pins every 5 seconds for the past two months and it’s working well.

As far as getting data back from Blynk, I guess you’d need to query each virtual pin on a regular basis using the API, and look for changes (maybe using the RBE node). I have no idea how often you’d be able to get away with doing this though, before your API requests were disallowed.

Personally, I’m rather disillusioned by this, and by the lack of a firm commitment from Blynk on enabling websockets, so I’m looking around for different alternatives to Blynk at the moment.

Pete.

No I tested with different interne’s and vpns but not working

Do you see any errors in the browser console? What browser do you have and OS?

1 Like

Now it’s working.

We did a new deploy recently. So probably it somehow fixed the issue.

1 Like

thanks. where can I found blynk 2 examples for nodemcu ?

I think all blynk 1.0 examples should work in the same way.
However, some new features weren’t yet fully documented, like this one - Log Event - Blynk Documentation

1 Like

Thank you for this effort. I made a simple code to turn on and off a virtual LED, but it didn’t work with the new Blink and at the same time it works on Blink 1.0

This could mean so may different things from not compiling to not responding as expected.

I’d suggest that you start a new “need help with my project” topic and provide ALL the details that are requested when you do this.
You should also provide details of what your serial monitor shows, and what you have set-up regarding templates, datastreams etc in Blynk.360

Pete.

Please provide Python Libraries for new Blynk platform and features, This will add to more developers and further flexibility.

I’m not receiving the sign up verification email (yes, I checked the spam folder).

Please try the value display. LED now works a bit differently I think because of min/max of the DS.

Please send me your email, I’ll check logs.

Hello. How long will the adorid and ios software of the old version be available? We have the old local server version, we can continue to use it, but without the software it won’t make sense.

I’m not speaking on behalf of Blynk here, but I think it will actually be governed by Google and Apple, and the way that they develop the Android and iOS operating systems in future.
As mobile OS’s change, the tools needed to provide many of the Blynk app features will also be updated to work with, and use the new features of the new OS releases.
When this happens, it can affect the way that the app works and can require considerable effort to update the app to continue working with the updated tools and to be compatible/compliant with the new OS version.

It won’t make economic sense for the Blynk developers to do any work on the existing app in this way, so at some point you’ll find that the app won’t work with the latest mobile OS version. That’s fine if you’re happy to have a device that is used solely for running Blynk, but for most people they want their mobile phone to be able to run their favourite apps (which will probably require the latest OS version) and to run Blynk as well. After all, that’s the beauty of the Blynk app - you can pull your regular phone out and check on or control your devices whenever and wherever it suits you.

I suppose at some point Blynk will pull the old apps from the app/play store to encourage users to migrate to the new system. If you’re an Android users then you can save the .apk file and continue to install it on other devices, but it’s more difficult for Apple users unless they want to get into jailbreaking.

I’m sure they there will be some people who run a local server and keep an old phone to run the Blynk app for years to come, much like the businesses who have that old Windows 95 machine running that one application that won’t run on anything else, but that’s not a practical solution for most people.

So, I think the answer is that it will be out of Blynk hands when the old app stops working on the latest Android/Apple OS, so I don’t think they will be able to give you a definitive answer.

I’ve seen some suggestions on here that Blynk should make the source code for the old app open source, but that makes no sense at all. First of all it would slow down sales of their new product, and it would also reveal some intellectual property which is no doubt also used in their current app. There are a dozen other reasons why it would be impractical for most end users anyway, so I’d be astonished if that ever happened.

Pete.

3 Likes

So we are kept hostage :smile:

Pete, do you use new blynk V2 ?
What do you think about ?
Do you plan to upgrade all your V1 applications to V2 ?