New Android Release 2.7.0

What’s new :

1. New Color selection view and gradient for min/max values. Doc (No need in setColor feature anymore).
  2. Level display supports floats and is resizable now;
  3. Widget Box colorized;
  4. RTC widget now has no pin selection;
  5. Step Control allows to “hold the button”;

4 Likes

A quick (I hope) question about the colour gradient.

I have a Temperature display (and yes, it is with 4 decimal places on purpose :slight_smile: ) and If I understand the DOCs, I have it set correctly, but the colour stays basic green despite the value nearing the top range.

Am I missing a step?

PS, I have toggled the squiggly thing in between the ranges, but whatever that does :confused:, didn’t make a difference.

@Gunner strange. Just checked - works for me. Please try to remove and add widget again. Does that help? If no - what is your device?

@Dmitriy I have tried with another display (HALL sensor) that is a basic integer (no decimals, if my terminology is correct) and the gradient works great… so the issue appears to be with er… fractional? numbers (the ones with the dot and a lot of stragglers :wink: )

I checked with floats and 4 digits after dot - works fine. Please try to remove and add again.

Deleted, replace, moved location, different label, and even held my tongue at a new angle :slight_smile: … no change.

Might be my Nexus 6? I will check with my Note8.0 tablet… Nope, same there as well.

I will force a change in the data being sent from a float (Thanks :wink: ) to an integer and check again.

Also noted: When I set up the new label, there was a glitch in the options… but touching the appropriate blank spot did chose the proper gradient.

@Dmitriy

OK, I give up… it has to be a gremlin at my end. Every other display I have tried works perfectly, granted they are just getting simple pin values, but my calculated (thermistor -> formula -> display) combo is just going to have to remain “strange”.

Carry on, nothing to see here :wink:

1 Like

Wonderful update! Thanks for the float values in level widget :smile:

1 Like

@Gunner we’ll check anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you… @Dmitriy

Because I am tenacious (aka, pain in the :monkey:), I tested a Labeled Value Display; This time it starts RED and stays there, even after my frozen burrito test brought it down to 8.7 C. Hope this data helps, or do you need the code that generates the value as well?

@Dmitriy

(So much for short & sweet… I should have opened a separate topic, sorry) OK, since using the Labeled Display, as I could easily reduce the accuracy displayed, I tested with /pin/ /pin.####/ /pin.###/… etc. Gradient only registered after reducing to ```/pin./``

My data is sent from this code (there is much math that calculates the Thermistor() part, but I don’t think that any of the code is a factor):

void thermTemp() 
{
  float temp;
  temp = Thermistor(analogRead(ThermistorPIN));   // Read ADC and convert it to Celsius.
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V11, temp);  // Send temp value in Celsius.
}

is RTC now working on multiple device in one project?
I just try it in multiple device environment but unfortunately the device is not sync with RTC?

Since now is not using PIN, can we get rid the BLYNK_ATTACH_WIDGET(rtc, V127); command now?
I already try both option (with and without BLYNK_ATTACH) but has no luck…

@noersaleh see library 0.4.4 Announcement.

Oh OK, thanks Costas, my Arduino IDE doesn’t automatically update the Blynk Lib … :slight_smile:
Will update manually and try again …

Correct. Pin no needed anymore. Please follow latest RTC example.

Ok, Ill take the bait. I love all the new features that are being released for Android. Is Apple the hold up on iOS end? If that is the case, why? Great work by the Blynk team as usual. But seriously, it really is starting to look like it makes sense to switch to Android.

Thanks very much

@mpo881 iOS update on its way. But we can’t speed up this. I think in 2 months iOS will be pretty close to what we have in Android now.

@Dmitriy Thanks, I understand and am not complaining about Blynk. It just seems as though there are a lot more hurdles to clear with iOS which makes Android more appealing. From the outside, it looks as though Apple holds up the progress!

Thanks for your time

1 Like

When IOS update? :slight_smile: