New Android Release 2.6.0

What’s new :

1. New Widget - Step Control;
  2. “Keep screen on” feature wasn’t working fix;
  3. Gauge now supports formatting as labeled display;

You need latest server to use this feature.

2 Likes

A good one! Can You think about handling "hold the button"action to fast forward/backward the value?

1 Like

@marvin7 sure. As usual we do step by step updates :wink:.

And that is why I “LOVE” Blynk :blush: always under development, constantly improving… Guess one day gauge will be improved too, so will wait patiently :wink:

1 Like

That’s pretty great, thanks guys. This kind of widget might work well as a jog wheel mode too (with speed dependent increment). Kind of like a 1x2 ten turn potentiometer.

Nice. I like the step increment definition. Is there any thoughts around extending the step increment to the slider. I would find that useful as the slider to me is cosmetically nice.

thanks for the reminder… :blush:

Oh man another Android release. Apple is really slowing me down!

I went looking, when answering someone’s question, but couldn’t find these widgets listed in the DOCS… or am I mislead again? :wink:

@Dmitriy does this send value instantly or is there a delay?

I’m thinking like after 1-2 seconds of the last button press -> value is updated to the server, this should at least be a setting, delayed send.
I could think of using this as a means of calibration for example a voltage dividing circuit for battery voltage. However having it send values on every press, I’m a bit worried of flooding the esp module.

But maybe it’s just my lack of experience talking ^^

All button/switch/control widgets send out the data as pushed, moved or released (depending on if send on release is enabled). If you want delays, then setup a timer in the code. Generally not a bad idea anyhow as YES, you can get flood results with any rapid controller usage.

2 Likes

Good catch. I’ll fix soon.

1 Like

@Dmitriy Also, I just discovered that even with a range of 0-255, a step of 15 (or really anything) and directly controlling a PWM Digital pin… instead of getting a range of intensity on an LED, I get OFF with 0 and ON with any other value. Using a virtual pin with code passing the value to the PWM pin gets desired results. This is on either the H or V widget

@Gunner ok. thanks. will check.