New Android Release 2.14.2

Yes exactly, it doesn’t do that. No matter how hard I try. It won’t move.

I’m sure it is working. I’ll prepare additional a logging build to check screen orientation changes. Maybe you have something like portrait lock option on your device?

Check this logging build - it will log screen orientation changes

I;ve send you the log. I tried tilting in all ways. Hope it helps.

No, all other apps just rotate fine. That doesn’t sound like the problem to me. If I have tilt on, the JoyStick just doesn’t move around. When I control it manual (with the magic finger…) it works fine. Values get send nice and the servo is limited to the values I entered.

Hello.
I am using the Step H widget, and until a couple of days ago this widget accepted negative values.
Now it seems this does not work anymore.
I am using this to set how many degrees to lower temperature at night.
Positive values works fine, but it will not accept -1
or any negative number.
Is it a bug or is it not supported anymore?

Android Blynk version: 2.14.3

I don’t see any joystick’s drag in your log - how are you using it?. Getting screen orientation works correctly on your device.

With trying to tilt. Only the shadow on the widget moves, not the JoyStick it self.

Could you record a video? I don’t see any data to be sent from your joystick.

Could you show screenshot of the settings of this widget and describe the workflow of your work when it does not accept negative values

I’ve sent you the log and a video capture. The moving of the joystick in the middle is me using my finger, but otherwise, tilting doesn’t work. It also disconnects, but it’s probably sending too fast, I would never steer my car this erratic, LOL

Fixed, It’s just not showing selector’s as a selected target. Next build with fixes would be released soon.

This shadow is indicating the tilt orientation (it is under the joystick’s handle). When you was moving the joystick - it was in a landscape orientation.

“but otherwise, tilting doesn’t work” - what is not working, how are you expecting it to work?

I expect the damn joystick to move around when I tilt my phone…

Enabled tilt option is just rotating it’s axises, it is not for controlling joystick handle’s position.

There you have it … I was expecting I could control the JoyStick … sorry to waste your time :smiley:

Heh… It was described in the widget’s info, that it is rotating axies and nothing more. Seems we need to rethink title for this option or make better doc.

Sure.
When I tap widget to set -1 degree (from 0) it displays -1, but my hardware (ESP8266) doesn’t receive it. If I try to set it to -2 nothing happens.
After a while it resets to zero again.

Tbh I just assumed it would work like this. I guess I have to program the Wemos to use the Gyroscope of the phone for controlling it with that. Also not a problem, but I figured you guys would make use of the Gyro to be able to control the JoyStick (feature request :wink: )

1 Like