New Android Release 1.12.0

It depends. You may start from http://docs.blynk.cc/

If I’m reading it right,

I would setup a slider to use a virtual pin, V0 then if sent when released, it would send a variable V0 = value to the Arduino. From there I would use that variable as an active variable in the app. So if V0 = 255, I would use V0 to set the speed in my arduino code?

Am I off base ?

Again - it depends. You could do in that way, you may directly connect slider to analog/pwm pins with no coding at all.

I’m using a motor shield and hardwired switches and sliders so I need detect if Blynk is connected and set a variable to control the logic. If I try to just set pin values, would it not conflict with my hardwired settings and revert to hardwired? or would you recommend putting in some sort of hardware switch to disconnect all hardwired switches and sliders when using blynk and just set and read values as if Blynk is a hardwired solution.

The slider object seems to only offer digital and Virtual, not analog unless I’m using the wrong widget.

I appreciate your advise. I really don’t want to make it harder than it is and go down a rabbit hole. Thanks again

You could use the labelled value display in the format /pin.#/°C to show temperature in Celsius to one decimal place but even the medium sized labelled value display is much bigger than a small value display.

You can create a string for a value to one decimal place and display this in a small value display but I don’t think you can graph this data so you would have to duplicate the string as an int / float to another virtual pin.

Would be nice to have a small labelled value display widget.

But the sensor outputs to one decimal place, so it used to display to one decimal place.

Now with this new 1.12.1 update it adds a bucket full of boring meaningless zeros everywhere…

@Dave1829 please calm down :wink:. We will fix that.

1 Like

Phew, i thought your silence meant it was a non-issue :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

I can`t find the ble modules in the app. I am sure I am doing something wrong. Am I the only one having this problem?

Are you sure that your phone supports BLE? We don’t support legacy bluetooth.

My phone has Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP, LE according to GSM Arena. I have the Motorola Moto g 2nd phone.

In settings (select your hardware) I cant find hm-10 module but I found redbearlab cc3200 which is also bt.

Hey there! Exciting news! Any luck for support on edison?

No. Edison is on the roadmap, but in the long term plans.

HM-10 is just a module, not a base board. Same as WiFi Shield, for example - there is no such option in the list.

@vshymanskyy asked to continue the discussion from this thread in here, and so my question gets posted in this thread.

Before the BETA release of BLE @Dmitriy said, that one of the first boards to be compatible with blynk via BLE will be Lightblue Bean. I checked for this in your github and didn’t find that. Am I missing something or is it true, that Bean’s are not supported yet? Will these boards be supported in near future?

I need this info to make some strategic decision regarding a project I’m currently working on, thanks.

That’s correct. Lightblue not supported yet. We were expecting that it would be working same way as regular BLE, but it is not. So we still have to make it work. But yes, Lightblue Bean support will be added to the app. However I have no estimations. @Pavel maybe you know when?

1 Like

I there any update on support for PunchThroughs Bean/Bean+ ?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Is ble 4.0 offline supported?