Need help with ESP-01s and Arduino Nano

But well used in some applications…

This guy uses easy transfer in all of his robotics projects… no reason why one could not add in one little ESP, running Blynk, and thus effectively Blynkifying the entire Arduino network.

So, it’s time to build a crypto-mining machine using Arduinos? Well, I think I’m left with some dozen different… Who would like to participate??

Yes, but i need also to Arduino sends data from for example sensors or whats going on on electronic board to ESP and ESP to Blynk not only Blynk to ESP to Arduino…

I’m lost again :slight_smile:

Hey, a simple serial conn is bidirectional! :stuck_out_tongue:

Has any one actually done that? Can point me to solution that works with no headache, or i must prepera galon of coffy and start from beggining :slight_smile:

@Costas?

yyyy… yes! And yes. But still it may be quicker than esp as a modem. Or not… :wink:

Arduinos read their sensors and communicate to each other via serial, i2C, etc… and one of them also communicates with the ESP, also via serial or I2C, but the ESP also runs Blynk and links all the collected data back to it’s server…

I admittedly haven’t gotten too far into it yet… my workbench is not big enough :frowning: But I recommend you start with the Arduinos and Easy Transfer first (you say you are comfortable with basic Arduino code?), then link to an ESP (as standalone Blynk setup with easy transfer addition) and uplink your data to the Blynk system.

Lol :slight_smile:

Not really :slight_smile: (as far as setting it up) Once you get around the basics and don’t try to do ALL the ESP only stuff, ESP-01 as WiFi link is quick enough and just works.

Yea, I guess it is for @Nixon, not me. (those “reply to…” :slight_smile: ) Unless you are willing to participate in Arduino-miner “project”…:star_struck:

I barely understand “normal” currency… except the fact that I rarely have any :stuck_out_tongue: I am staying well away from the math of crypto stuff :scream:

I mean quicker to accomplish… taking into account @Nixon’s issues :wink:

Yes and I posted screenshots at the time (2 batches of DS18B20’s probes would only run at Arduino 5V not ESP 3.3V, hooked up to Arduino send to ESP to Blynk).

I think @Nixon got it working… but just wanted all the fansnazzy connection managment stuff to work in “shield” mode as well… (it doesn’t)… that is the issue as I see it. Correct me if I am mistaken, Nixon.

@Gunner, have you tried newer than 1.5.4 AT firmware? For me 2.0.x wasn’t working as a modem, but I didn’t dug into it…

Where was that again?

I think my DS18B20s are the same, but I got around that by using parasitic power (via the resistor) and pulling that off the 5v rail (bottom rail).

PS the Black wire is just sitting around, one end on GPIO0 (also used by the DHT11), in case my OTA screws up and I need to load a sketch via Serial… to lazy to wire another button :slight_smile:

Actually i wanted smart config (Lol:) ) to work,and then i start factory reset ESP to make it work an then get back to Enabling DHCP to work (which wont work) and that isprety much that, back on beggining, but if I put all this aside yes it works…And yes it is possible to get smart config working…:slight_smile

You mean WiFi provisioning?? I never use it, so not a clue how at the best of times :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it possible in AT mode??

ofcourse but if you enable DHCP :wink: ;);):wink: but i will not tell more… because this is available only if you pay… look in datashet of AT commands SmartConfig…

https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/documentation/4a-esp8266_at_instruction_set_en.pdf

AT+CWSTARTSMART