Need help with ESP-01s and Arduino Nano

ооо да))) esp возможно и хорошоя плата, но документации под нее очень мало…
простейшие задачи, которые с легкостью работают на атмега
esp требует много часов изучения и не всегда удачно
я думаю Никсон это понял и решил оставаться на старой и проверенной машине)))
я в такой же ситуации)))
решил перенести проек с нано на esp…
с Вашей помощью подключил max6675
а oled 128х32 - просто проблема))))
много библиотек - и не одна не работает)))
изготавливаю простейшие приборы мониторинга, температура или скорость ветра или напряжение
128х64 просто не нужен
поэтому я тоже на этой ветке пытаюсь найти пример нормальной работы нано и esp for blynk

oh yeah))) esp maybe a good board, but there is very little documentation for it …
The simplest tasks that work with ease at atmega
esp requires many hours of study and is not always successful
I think Nixon understood this and decided to stay on the old and tested car)))
I am in the same situation)))
decided to move the project from nano to esp …
with your help connected max6675
and oled 128x32 - just a problem))))
many libraries - and not one does not work)))
I make the simplest monitoring devices, temperature or wind speed or voltage
128h64 just do not need it
so I’m also trying to find an example of the normal operation of nano and esp for blynk on this branch

Well… After modifying BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h (for those who do not want to search here’s the link to modified file: BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h
AND using connection handling as in my post from March, 18th I never had to reset the MCU manually (well, except twice, when flashed after further mods).
One note however: I rejected BlynkTimer and just using simple time countdown (I had some issues with more than one time interval) and introduced watchdog to make the device as “standalone” and user-free as possible. Aside from that - It still works. So now the loop looks like that:

void loop()
{
  if (CheckConnection()) {
    Blynk.run();
    if (millis() - previous_time[1] > timer60) {
      previous_time[1] = millis();
      SendData();
    }
  }
  if (millis() - previous_time[0] > timer6) {
    previous_time[0] = millis();
    updateDisplay();
  }
  wdt_reset();
}

для моих задач этого много)))
я делаю простейший прибор
на nano он работает идеально
а nodmcu испортил мне все нервы))))
начиная от max6675
а сейчас и oled 128x32 )))
самое нехорошее - спаял уже прототип))) подключил датчики и реле)))
а экран никак)))
сам над собой смеюсь)))))

for my tasks this much)))
I make the simplest device
on nano it works perfectly
and nodmcu spoiled all my nerves))))
starting from max6675
but now oled 128x32)))
most bad - soldered already prototype))) connected sensors and relays)))
and the screen does not)))
I’m laughing at myself)))))

Well, my only experience with displays and ESP is the 84x48 NOKIA display based on PCD8544 controller. This one is working without issues “just like that” :slight_smile:

старая школа)))
великоват он для меня
буду искать рабочую библиотеку

old school)))
he is too big for me
I will look for a working library

скурил я килограмм бумаги ( английский мой гамно)
есть библиотека правельная)))

I scooted a kilogram of paper (my English gamna)
there is a library right)))

может пригодиться и вам)))
сомневаюсь))) вы намного мощнее в теме)))
но иногда школьники имеют информацию полезную)))

may come in handy to you)))
I doubt))) you are much more powerful in the subject)))
but sometimes schoolchildren have useful information)))

1 Like

Actually i’am back from the dark side,
I’am glad Marvin that you find my code useful :slight_smile: but for me there is no coming back on AT commands again no Way.
I made programmer for esp8266 from arduino UNO did not want to wait Chinese FTDI programmer.
https://community.blynk.cc/uploads/default/original/2X/9/9ca5f76d7615d271c717a603b98d9dd359312635.png

for info : (resistors are not neded)

And yes long time ago in old esp8266 core was implementation for 8266 to be a slave,as i was telling month ago,who reads code can find that information, for example here:

but now is disabled, i tried to patch everything and get working version where Esp8266 is slave, i wasn’t satisfied,how it was working and i stick to Esp8266 as a master.

Easy Transfer library:

did not work as expected and in 2 directions, so i write my routines for communication over i2c based on Nick Gammon informations
http://www.gammon.com.au/i2c
but with using structures and unions for easy converting packets of data into values.
And yes,by the way, i found big bug in Arduino Ide compiler for Esp8266, regarded to wrong representation of sizeof structure:

But i solve that and made all working.

Also for ugly start smart implemented very good almost perfect WiFiManager library

so after all i’am pretty satisfied with all, but i notice when i put all together, in testing that Esp8266 chrashes sometimes when internet is low on signal,or when router starts to act strangely and gets disconnected for a while and blink trys to connect, Esp chrashes,but i will find and test more efficient way to manage blynk connection…

That is update…for now…and yes you guys were rigt all this was like like one of those conversations you have with your kids when you’re trying to ge them to try a new food…:wink:

1 Like