Multi Device 2.0

Continuing the discussion from Multi device with single display:

The problem is that is not posibble to select a different device name because the console select this name as the template name, I suppose is because Blynk is trying to force the payment of different devices used, no problem with that, but how do I merge the use of different devices in one same Auth Token, same Templante but different Device name? the problem of using automations to interact with two devices in the same IoT system is that I need to change the screen each time I want to monitor or control something in the other?

Thank you!

1 Like

I’d use the HTTP(S) API if I were you, or Node-Red and MQTT.

Pete.

1 Like

Thank you! If the method is to have one master and many slaves, do I need to register the slaves in the console too? I suppose the answer is no. :upside_down_face: So the master on Blynk is the only one getting and sending data to them. I see that the HTTP method is included in Blynk manual but you mention NodeRed, which one is best suited in your opinion for Blynk environment? Thank you! :smiley:

I’m a little confused by that statement. I assumed that your aim was to have data from multiple devices (the slaves) displayed on one dashboard in Blynk (the master).

If that is what you want, and there is no master to slave communication, only slave to master, then the master device is the one that requires an Auth token.
The slaves don’t need to run any Blynk code other than calling the Blynk API.

If you want something different, with communication from the master to the slaves as well as slaves to master then Node-Red and MQTT is the best option.

More info on Node-Red and MQTT with Blynk in this topic…

Pete.

1 Like

Excellent explanation! I was confused precisely on that point! Thank you again! I will study your project on Node Red home automation.