MQTT - what happened

Thank you for that Dmytiy - with that clarification I’m happier. I’ll amend my information accordingly.

Well I for one love my graphs, they are a big part of my dashboard.

How about having a vote on the forum to help decide which widgets/ functions are most popular?

Sorry if you’ve already done it I’ve only just joined.

They are a big part of my dashboard too and that is another reason I don’t like them. I might like them a little more when tabbed pages are introduced by Blynk.

Blynk knows exactly what widgets we all have and they will have a pretty good idea how much effort goes into supporting each widget. Function over form for me but each user will have different preferences.

Here you go Vote for the next widget

1 Like

Thanks, voting done.

Bumping this old topic as I have seen some recent notes about it.

any news on native MQTT support?

2 Likes

Basic support is there. Also there is a node-red-blynk module.

D, any write up or hints where to start looking.

Currently i use Mosquitto for the devices around the house (I have promised P a full write up too), E.g.:

Action from button:

BLYNK_WRITE(33) //turn Off all home entertainment devices
{
  int a = param.asInt();
  if (a == 0) {
    } else {
    client.publish("/remote/dstv", "0"); // MQTT "0" Triggers action 
    delay(300);
    client.publish("/remote/tv", "0");
    delay(300);
    client.publish("/remote/hifi", "0"); 
    } 
}

Input - e.g. Temperature sensor publishing to MQTT topic, displayed on widget:

void callback(char* topic, byte* payload, unsigned int length) {
if (strcmp(topic, "/topic/Temp") == 0){  //check the topic for new reading
payload[length]='\0';
String temp = String((char*)payload);
Blynk.virtualWrite(8,temp); //sends temp reading to Blynk widget on pin 8
}
else

Hello, I use blynk from the beginning.
But without MQTT direct connection I gonna give up from blynk!!!
Sorry

MQTT is there. However we have no docs yet. On it’s way.

1 Like

Just a thought …I am using an open source App development setup with OpenHAB …not as easy to integrate devices as programming knowlage is a must…Linux and c++ but no money crosses hands which is cool and most protocols come across as well …wondering if blynk would consider an open source setup where developers and programmers can have some fun without paying for it …

Blynk is already fully free for local servers and 2/3 open-sourced. And does many things without coding.

2 Likes

Already looking forward to see this.
Would like to expand my home automation system, and instead of http requests I would like to use mqtt because it is faster and it can talk to all the devices with the same topic. Also easier to connect Node Red with it. Without the need of multiple apps to control everything