[SOLVED] Mqtt and blynk

Hi All. A simple question, use blynk local server mqtt for something? In server.prperties there is a mqtt port config.

Regards,
Jaume Nogues
rPrim Tech

1 Like

I don’t use anything that communicates via MQTT, however I have followed some topics and I think you simply use Webhook:

http://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-other-webhook

1 Like

Yes. Mqtt is available, However, we never had a chance to make a doc on how to use it. Right now we are busy with other tasks.

1 Like

Thanks Dimitry. But is only a broker for use it or implement functions in blynk?

1 Like

@jnogues right now Blynk server operates like simple MQTT broker. So you can send MQTT message to it and it will be forwarded to Blynk App. However, you need to form messages in “Blynk specific” format in order to make it work.

2 Likes

Please make a basic documentation.

2 Likes

At least, tell us how to connect. Do we need a username and password?

1 Like

Any updates on MQTT?

@krisjanis2000 Instead of reopening such an old post that already stated the Blynk will work with MQTT as a simple broker (admittedly I don’t use MQTT so don’t know how it works :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) it is probably best to create a post with details of your issue, what you have tried so far, and your relevant questions,

And the developers are still working on other tasks otherwise there would have been some form of MQTT announcement topic :wink: