Motion Detector

@Tom probably poor pin selection on your part. Which did you choose and have you studied the pinout in detail?

@Costas Costas, I choose pin 15, triggered via virtuell Buttonā€¦did you see any problem?

Bad choice, GPIO 15 is part of the boot sequence, along with 0 and 2. GPIO 4 and GPIO 5 are the best pins for most requirements. Move it and see how you go.

@Costas okay I understand. I will try it tomorrow and will let you know what happens.

@Costas one more question. If GPIO 4 and 5 are not enough which one I should use?

ā€¦

@Costas ESP8266-12Eā€¦mounted on a Nodemcu

0.9 or 1.0?

@Costas I have both versions but most 1.0

13 and 14 would be my next choices.

@Costas i have tested without GPIO 15 instead I have used GPIO 4, and everything is working fine. Thanks for your support!

1 Like

@Tom poor pin picking may lead to p*ss poor project performance :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Costas today I have buyed new energy, until jet I did not get the energy. Do you know how long it will take time?

Itā€™s immediate, try logging out of the app and if this fails reboot the smartphone.

@Costas thank you restart was the key :wink:

@Costas one question, when do I need a simple timer and when can I make only a subroutine?

BlynkTimer is used to call your main functions, these functions can then call there own subroutines. Subroutines canā€™t really exist without the ultimate control of BlynkTimer.

@Costas thank you, great support

@Costas i have a question, can you tell me what the problem could be if I get the following hint in the serial monitor: connection to blynk 8442 ready ping 1011ms

Thatā€™s standard message for a successful connection. However 1011ms is much longer than it takes for most people to connect. I normally have less than 100ms. Are you getting the message over and over again or just once?