Migration to Blynk V2.0

Using Apple IOS 15.3
Blynk Plus subscription

Finally moved all my projects over to Blynk V2.0 and I have a couple of questions that I guess Pete will be able to answer.
Firstly, The superchart does not allow you to scroll backwards in time whereas old Blynk did allow this. E.g. if I wanted to see in detail information 3 days ago, I would select 1 day graph and scroll back a couple of days. Am I missing something or is this no longer available.
Secondly, my wife had access to use our watering system with the old Blynk, but my other projects were not available. I cant understand how to set this up in the Blynk console since she doesn’t want or need the other projects. Is this available with the plus subscription and if it is, how do I set this up.

Thanks in advance

I guess this might help you.

It is impossible in terms of plus, to great regret.

Yes, I had read that, but probably I don’t understand it properly since I cant see how that helps if you cant set permissions on a Plus subscription.

Thanks, at least I know now. Seems a bit harsh. Surely allowing users to have access to some devices within their Blynk plan wont affect Blynk’s revenue. Who’s going to pay $500 per year to enable their wife/partner to water the garden?

2 Likes

I agree. And many developers too. But the authors have a different opinion)

You can simply ask your partner to use only certain devices. They will definitely understand.

BTW, this is how every other smart home app works.

Pavel, I understand your approach and your views.
But I am surprised that with such a development of Blynk, despite the fact that you are going ahead of the Internet of Things technologies, you are demonstrating complete indifference to your own clients who work with you, pay you money and want to work with you further.
I see on the forum (and not only on it) that what I’m talking about is the opinion of so many developers, with different scales and different potential and real projects. That is, it is far from being a singular view.
Personally, I started by subscribing to the PLUS plan. But it turned out that this plan (although it has up to 20 users) is in no way suitable for commercial use, since it does not separate devices and users. Although I explained to you that I need a plus plan only at the initial stage, then I plan to move to the PRO plan. But you don’t want to change anything.
At the moment, I have subscribed to the PRO plan, although I still don’t quite understand whether it will be profitable … But even here I see that not everything is fine: my questions about technical support (which is announced in the PRO price list) are ignored; there is a discrepancy between the functions of the administrator in the organization - the documentation states that the administrator can create templates, but it turns out that he cannot - since there can be only one developer in the organization …

Do not take this as a negative in your direction.
This is just the opinion of one of the developers who has been working with Blynk for several years and would like to grow and develop in cooperation with Blynk if the Creators start to listen not only to themselves :wink:
Thanks for understanding.

Yes I can tell my partner to use only that device, but some people are technophobes and any complexity makes it less likely that they will use it. I may be wrong but the I cant see how the Plus plan would be used commercially so allowing users to access some Apps would not affect your revenues.
Another suggestion would be to allow two front device pages instead of the one page we have at present. We could drop the devices we want our partners to access easily to the front page. Or another alternative is to just allow the devices to be re-arranged so that we could arrange them such that the first ones are those that my wife for example could access.

In any case thanks for a great product.

We appreciate your feedback. However, our plans page suggests that Plus plan is not designed for commercial use (even if you plan to or already doing so).

@Serg_Grn sorry for the hiccup with the support. If you are a PRO user please contact @MarkPan directly while we are fixing the support flow. Thanks for understanding.