[SOLVED] MAC address changes with new Project/new Auth Token on same hardware

Just getting started with Blynk. I’m using an Arduino Uno with the 5100 Ethernet Shield. After the first project assigned a unique Auth Token, I was successful in obtaining an IP address from my router’s DHCP. I created an Address Reservation for theWIZnetAAA6B7 Client as shown below.
When I created a second project (again with a unique auth token) using the same Arduino Uno and Ethernet Shield, not only did I get a different IP address, but the MAC address was also different. The Ethernet Shield’s true hardware address (90-A2-DA-0E-93-XX) is different from either one of the two displayed in the router’s DHCP Client List. Considering that MAC address is supposedly unique, why am I seeing different MAC addresses?

6 WIZnetAAA6B7 FE-87-D4-AA-A6-B7 192.168.0.116 Permanent
7 WIZnetF8F8BF FE-DF-88-F8-F8-BF 192.168.0.112 05:38:2

This is not a Blynk relevant issue… rather an issue with the Ethernet Shield as most clones do not contain a “fixed” MAC. There are ways to “assign” your own MAC address to the shield via code.

Google MAC address for W5100

E.g.

https://www.freetronics.com.au/pages/setting-arduino-ethernet-mac-address#.WXkXMYgrJ9M

Gunner, thanks for the quick response! I’ll look into your provided link. You said that the issue was with the Ethernet Shield. The one I have is not (or should not be) a clone, since I originally purchased both a genuine Arduino and Ethernet shield. The label on the underside of the shield does give a hardware MAC, but it is totally different than the one(s) displayed in my router. A MAC address lookup of that label 90:A2:DA:XX:XX:XX shows the manufacturer to be:
Company GHEO SA
Address Chiasso CH-6830
SWITZERLAND
Thanks,
Yotta